Register Now
StaceyPowers

What “blank slate” characters in games do you feel you oddly care about?

What is a video game character with relatively generic/few attributes that you still feel attached to? For example, I care a lot about what happens to Jack in BioShock and after, even though he is presented as mostly a “blank slate” for the player to impose their personality on.

19 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

What is a video game character with relatively generic/few attributes that you still feel attached to? For example, I care a lot about what happens to Jack in BioShock and after, even though he is presented as mostly a “blank slate” for the player to impose their personality on.

Most times I don't really get attached too much to gaming characters because when something bad happens to them, it affects me. 

19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The pilot of Jansen's Helicopter in Deus Ex: Human Revolution comes to mind. We never really knew much about her other than she's one brave soldier putting herself in danger to help Jansen get to the bottom of his conspiracy. She ended up dying and I was a bit moved because she's a real one.

Seriously, I was thrilled with her sacrifice. I never expected her to do that but it eventually happened which made her a hero in my eyes.