Register Now
The Blackangel

Trump Angrily Demands That Biden ‘Resign In Disgrace’ After Afghanistan Falls

That's a failed situation in the span of 20 years and 3 administrations. Both sides want the troops home. Every administration talked about bringing them home and nobody did. If Afghanistan forces haven't been built up enough to defend themselves by now then they will never be. It's a failed state. And every administration says they kneecapped or destroyed the taliban. That obviously isn't the case. I'm sure every citizen there wants to leave. Are we supposed to evacuate an entire country? There is no right way to end this without staying there another 20 years. What would be the right plan bringing the troops home from that mess while protecting its citizens? Can't do both without staying there forever. The problem is a failure of forming a solid Afghan army over the years to defend its country.  And trump has no room to talk because I remember him withdrawing troops from Syria and abandoning Kurdish allies to be slaughtered by Turkish forces. 

21 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Weren't US and UK forces already withdrawing when Biden took office?

Trump had a plan to withdraw troops in early 2020 over a two year period. 1.5 years later, it doesn't look like there was much progress. 

The best way to put the situation after all the time since Bush put us there is Not My Problem, and let them figure it out for themselves. We can't save the fucking world, nor is it our responsibility to attempt to do so. We have our own problems to deal with. Sure a terrorist organization taking control of an entire country is a bad thing, but we only just pulled ourselves out of one. We have no interest in throwing ourselves in the middle of someone else's terrorist government.

Sucks to be you, Afghan people, but deal with it. It's your problem. Not ours. We need to fix us, before we can fix you. Why the hell don't people get that? And why the hell do they always come crying to us when their lives go to shit? Try England. Try Japan. Try Australia. Leave us the fuck alone for once.

On 8/17/2021 at 11:39 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Trump had a plan to withdraw troops in early 2020 over a two year period. 1.5 years later, it doesn't look like there was much progress. 

Actually, I got that wrong. Trump made a deal with the Taliban to withdraw troops over a 14 month period from Feb 2020. And that obviously didn't work if we still had troops there in August 2021.