Register Now
StaceyPowers

Mass Effect 3’s “Galactic Readiness” multiplayer thing

They already got rid of it in the director's cut patch soon after the original release. It was no longer required to play multiplayer to get the necessary readiness level.

That said multiplayer in ME3 was quite fun actually, one of the few games that I enjoyed playing online, so it is a shame that it is not included in the legendary edition.

On 8/27/2021 at 11:02 AM, m76 said:

They already got rid of it in the director's cut patch soon after the original release. It was no longer required to play multiplayer to get the necessary readiness level.

That said multiplayer in ME3 was quite fun actually, one of the few games that I enjoyed playing online, so it is a shame that it is not included in the legendary edition.

They actually knew it's off which was why they had it eliminated before it does more damage to the game generally. Although, I liked the multiplayer in ME3 very well. 

It was a bit of a terrible idea to make it a forced part of the galactic readiness for solo play, I agree.  Coupled with the original endings not being particularly favoured by everyone and it made for an absolutely terrible launch for ME3.  Still a phenomenal game in a phenomenal series, but there's no question they had some missteps with ME3 out of the gate.