Register Now
StaceyPowers

What makes you laugh uncontrollably while gaming?

6 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

I need to know more. I've spent time in Fairfax, and this is a total mismatch with what I experienced there. 

Well Stacey, it was the Merrifield section of Fairfax and I was working at a Target store that was probably one of the largest ones in the whole U.S.  It also had some of the biggest d bags in the whole U.S. too.  This was 2015.  I was a 31 year old long haired guy with a vandalized '03 Impala.  I struggled big time at that job, but they kept me on I guess because they liked my attitude.  I liked a lot of people there, but some were just trying to change me.  They would threaten me because I wouldn't change every  aspect about myself.  I was even given a sneak attack haircut and told to get the rest cut off.  As the guy was running away, I said "fuck you."  I feel like I was justified.  I quit that job out of intense fear four days shy of Christmas 2015.  I have Asperger's for what it's worth.  Virginia has calmed down a lot, it's not scary, but it's not the place for an Aspergered out metal head.

1 hour ago, Family sedan said:

Well Stacey, it was the Merrifield section of Fairfax and I was working at a Target store that was probably one of the largest ones in the whole U.S.  It also had some of the biggest d bags in the whole U.S. too.  This was 2015.  I was a 31 year old long haired guy with a vandalized '03 Impala.  I struggled big time at that job, but they kept me on I guess because they liked my attitude.  I liked a lot of people there, but some were just trying to change me.  They would threaten me because I wouldn't change every  aspect about myself.  I was even given a sneak attack haircut and told to get the rest cut off.  As the guy was running away, I said "fuck you."  I feel like I was justified.  I quit that job out of intense fear four days shy of Christmas 2015.  I have Asperger's for what it's worth.  Virginia has calmed down a lot, it's not scary, but it's not the place for an Aspergered out metal head.

My memories of Fairfax were largely of affluent suburbans, many of them defense contractors/ex-military. I always thought of it as a fairly sugar-coated place--toxic in its way, but usually by being kind of repressive? It sounds like your workplace was really messed up!

I'm autistic too, by the way, and also enjoy metal 🙂

On 8/25/2021 at 6:32 PM, Family sedan said:

Well, you don't want to be a one trick pony, I get that.  But perhaps the gaming industry isn't doing enough to keep us engaged anymore.

Gaming companies are more or less 90% after their own pockets with the game they make. It's up to us to find a way to get satisfied from whatever they made for us. 

22 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

My memories of Fairfax were largely of affluent suburbans, many of them defense contractors/ex-military. I always thought of it as a fairly sugar-coated place--toxic in its way, but usually by being kind of repressive? It sounds like your workplace was really messed up!

I'm autistic too, by the way, and also enjoy metal 🙂

I'm into pre1990 British metal, but I can branch out to many other things.  And yeah that work place was messed up.