Register Now
killamch89

Would you rather live as a sage on mountains or kill all the corrupted people of the world?

I'd much rather live as a sage in the mountains and here's why - no matter how many corrupted people I kill in the world, more will pop up and it won't ever stop. On top of that, there's a lot more of them than you and eventually they'd get you. To top it all off, there's no guarantee it'd change anything. What are your thoughts on this?

I would prefer the sage in the mountain. I don't need to waste my time killing corrupt people, unless they did something to me personally. And even then, killing is just lazy and pathetic. There's no art or creativity in it. It's generic. If you absolutely have to kill, then you don't kill the person that wronged you. You kill their loved ones, and make sure that they know that their actions are what caused the deaths of the ones they love. Let them live the rest of their lives with that knowledge. Go into detail telling them that it's their fault that you had to kill. If it wasn't for them, then the ones they loved would still be alive.

If you kill the one that wronged you, then how are they being punished for it? They're dead, so you can't do anything to them.

TL/DR - Let the world punish itself. I'll stay in the mountains and continue to educate myself and acquire all the knowledge that I can, at my own pace.

Edited by The Blackangel

11 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I would prefer the sage in the mountain. I don't need to waste my time killing corrupt people, unless they did something to me personally. And even then, killing is just lazy and pathetic. There's no art or creativity in it. It's generic. If you absolutely have to kill, then you don't kill the person that wronged you. You kill their loved ones, and make sure that they know that their actions are what caused the deaths of the ones they love. Let them live the rest of their lives with that knowledge. Go into detail telling them that it's their fault that you had to kill. If it wasn't for them, then the ones they loved would still be alive.

If you kill the one that wronged you, then how are they being punished for it? They're dead, so you can't do anything to them.

TL/DR - Let the world punish itself. I'll stay in the mountains and continue to educate myself and acquire all the knowledge that I can, at my own pace.

Agreed plus you'll hardly interact with any people there so it's a win-win situation.

I would want both, kill them all then retire in the mountains as a sage. But if I chose the mountains first, I will lose whatever I cared about in the world except for things nature related. And if my area was invaded by corrupted people, I'd have to kill them. But then that will bring an army down on me and I'd have to leave. You are right that killing the corrupted, more will rise in its place. Then the system becomes the wild west and assassinations abound, vigilante justice reigns. Corruption can only exist in a corrupted environment where many others are complicit. But the corrupted need to taste fear. Their fear is people turning against them. So as a sage in the mountains, I will raise an army.