Register Now
killamch89

How many times do you lie in a day? Have you ever counted?

The only times I usually lie about anything is when law enforcement is involved and that's because they aren't trustworthy and always have some kind of hidden motive. If anything, I've gotten myself into a lot of trouble because I'm very blunt about most stuff. What are your thoughts on this? How many times do you lie in a day and do you actually count them?

I've honestly been told to tone down the honesty. I'm brutally honest, and don't care about a persons feelings. I've caused a lot of bruised egos.

If I lie, then I either have one hell of a damn good reason to, or I'm goofing and just talking a lot of rambling shit that is meant to be known isn't true, and is all for laughs.

15 hours ago, Empire said:

No idea, I mean you are talking or typing away and at times you do not realise that you are doing it. 

I'm not really sure I agree - I typically think about what I'm going to say before I say it so I always tell the truth except when dealing with crooked agents of the "justice" system.

11 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I've honestly been told to tone down the honesty. I'm brutally honest, and don't care about a persons feelings. I've caused a lot of bruised egos.

If I lie, then I either have one hell of a damn good reason to, or I'm goofing and just talking a lot of rambling shit that is meant to be known isn't true, and is all for laughs.

The only other time where I might lie is when I'm trolling in video games and it's done for the banter.

When I'm writing, whether it's another novel or a short story, I tend to make up some of the craziest shit imaginable. Stuff that is completely a lie, but I present it as factual. All of my stories are fiction as that's what I enjoy writing, but I often write them as if they're completely true accounts of someone's experiences. Also I often throw things in that are scientific impossibilities, but make the story better. Or just base the entire story around something that isn't possible. Well, not yet at least.

For example we all know a bullet made out of ice would never work as it would melt before it even left the barrel due to the heat of the gunpowder exploding. But it makes for a good story. A cheesy one, but a good one.

12 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

When I'm writing, whether it's another novel or a short story, I tend to make up some of the craziest shit imaginable. Stuff that is completely a lie, but I present it as factual. All of my stories are fiction as that's what I enjoy writing, but I often write them as if they're completely true accounts of someone's experiences. Also I often throw things in that are scientific impossibilities, but make the story better. Or just base the entire story around something that isn't possible. Well, not yet at least.

For example we all know a bullet made out of ice would never work as it would melt before it even left the barrel due to the heat of the gunpowder exploding. But it makes for a good story. A cheesy one, but a good one.

Well, to be fair, I used to be pretty good at writing short stories as a teen. So much so that my English teacher that hated me saw one and was like, I should really think about being a writer. Non-fiction material is boring when it comes to writing because it limits how far you can go when it comes to using your imagination. However, fiction writing is limitless so making up crazy shit is a normal part of the creative process. Hell, when I'm making animation videos, I come up with some crazy concepts as well - some that even blow me away.