Jump to content
Register Now
killamch89

Are you a perfectionist?

Recommended Posts

When I was younger - absolutely, If I did something and it didn't come out how the way I wanted, I'd heavily criticize myself but over the years, I've learned to just accept that because I'm imperfect, nothing I do will ever be "perfect". Are you a perfectionist?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

When I was younger - absolutely, If I did something and it didn't come out how the way I wanted, I'd heavily criticize myself but over the years, I've learned to just accept that because I'm imperfect, nothing I do will ever be "perfect". Are you a perfectionist?

You didn't need the word "how" in your post. You also didn't need to capitalize the letter "I" in the word "if" as you weren't starting a new sentence.

I'm just poking fun at you, but it's meant to show that I'm a perfectionist. When I screw something up, it drives me nuts. Short trip, I know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

You didn't need the word "how" in your post. You also didn't need to capitalize the letter "I" in the word "if" as you weren't starting a new sentence.

I'm just poking fun at you, but it's meant to show that I'm a perfectionist. When I screw something up, it drives me nuts. Short trip, I know.

I realized lol. I used to be like that until I learned to relax and just not make it a big deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Strong no. I embrace mistakes and imperfections. ...with the exception of typos. Even when it comes to text messages you will see say something lke: *like (just as an example). I have poor penmanship and most of my tasks are done with the best effort I can give at the moment when I finished the task, not necessarily with perfection. I find that it's too stressful to place such high standards on myself and everyone else. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Sharon said:

Strong no. I embrace mistakes and imperfections. ...with the exception of typos. Even when it comes to text messages you will see say something lke: *like (just as an example). I have poor penmanship and most of my tasks are done with the best effort I can give at the moment when I finished the task, not necessarily with perfection. I find that it's too stressful to place such high standards on myself and everyone else. 

It's something I had to teach myself when I was younger because I was always pretty good at most things. Whenever I failed at something, I used to go crazy. There's nothing wrong with trying to maintain high standards but you have to keep some perspective of what may or may not happen in any given situation and roll with the punches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I'm on my phone, I always screw up with the keyboard. I constantly hit the wrong key and don't notice it until I sent the message or post. My biggest problem is with the I and O keys. I always hit the wrong one. Then comes my computer keyboard. It's things like capitalization because my damn shift keys like to stick. My space bar likes to stick too. Often to the point that I have to use both hands to press the god damn key. And again, I don't notice it. So when I see my own post after the 5 minute mark, when I can no longer edit it, and notice all the screwups I made, I want to strangle myself.

It's why I made the comment about needing a proofreader. I was actually half serious about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2021 at 10:29 AM, The Blackangel said:

When I'm on my phone, I always screw up with the keyboard. I constantly hit the wrong key and don't notice it until I sent the message or post. My biggest problem is with the I and O keys. I always hit the wrong one. Then comes my computer keyboard. It's things like capitalization because my damn shift keys like to stick. My space bar likes to stick too. Often to the point that I have to use both hands to press the god damn key. And again, I don't notice it. So when I see my own post after the 5 minute mark, when I can no longer edit it, and notice all the screwups I made, I want to strangle myself.

It's why I made the comment about needing a proofreader. I was actually half serious about it.

There is the browser plugin Grammarly that can help you sort out a sentence. It's free to use and for the most part, is actually a staple for online customer service agents.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...