Register Now
killamch89

Runescape Dev Jagex Tried To Kill RuneLite HD Graphics Mod Until Protest From Players Stopped Them

I'm convinced that owners of IPs wait for projects to be in advanced/release state, so they can inflict maximum damage to devs and make sure they, or anyone else, will never try again. If they reached out in early state, maybe they're afraid of not having legal grounds, or to be worked around. A real shame. I get the owner's side, but not be reasonable just hurts everybody.

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Classic case of developer incompetence and greed - I used to play Runescape in my teenage days but I've totally forgotten about this game. Any Runescape fans here? How do you feel about this whole situation?

It's in such situations that you see the importance of gaming community having a good say in what they will accept or not and get their way. 

On 9/20/2021 at 3:54 PM, Heatman said:

It's in such situations that you see the importance of gaming community having a good say in what they will accept or not and get their way. 

I agree because for years, the devs just sat there allowing Runescape to stagnate while not making any updates to it and try to exile a member of their community for taking it up on themselves.

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I agree because for years, the devs just sat there allowing Runescape to stagnate while not making any updates to it and try to exile a member of their community for taking it up on themselves.

Seriously - It's something that they the devs should have done before now but the most important thing is that they finally stood up. 

On 9/22/2021 at 4:23 AM, Heatman said:

Seriously - It's something that they the devs should have done before now but the most important thing is that they finally stood up. 

They shouldn't be getting any plaudits for this though, if it weren't for the community, they would've tried to derail this upgrade by the member from their community.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

They shouldn't be getting any plaudits for this though, if it weren't for the community, they would've tried to derail this upgrade by the member from their community.

Yeah - it's actually how they have been doing for years. Them speaking up now even seem to me like they have something more to gain. 

On 9/25/2021 at 3:49 AM, Heatman said:

Yeah - it's actually how they have been doing for years. Them speaking up now even seem to me like they have something more to gain. 

They are definitely trying to save face to stop their community from revolting against them.