Register Now
killamch89

Would you take a pig as a pet?

I love animals but pigs are absolutely repulsive to me. They'll eat anything and just like cows they tend to crap everywhere. However, unlike cows, they immediately turn around and eat it (disgusting) so no I wouldn't want one as a pet. Would you take a pig as a pet?

8 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

My girl and I want a Juliana pig for a pet, but we have the dogs, so we don't have the room for one. A potbelly pig is too big for us, so we're looking into a Juliana pig.

Unless I have a farm, there's no way I'm getting a pig. I'd sooner get a cow than a pig.

They are a lot like dogs, but bigger, stinkier, more destructive, harder to train, and not as furry. And depending where you live, they could be subject to farm animal zoning laws. Plus cost far more to keep them feed 😛 

On 10/2/2021 at 6:34 AM, Empire said:

They are a lot like dogs, but bigger, stinkier, more destructive, harder to train, and not as furry. And depending where you live, they could be subject to farm animal zoning laws. Plus cost far more to keep them feed 😛 

I know that pigs are gluttons and I know they're destructive and the smell is a signature thing. I'd never try training a pig though - I don't think I have the patience...

On 10/2/2021 at 11:08 AM, The Blackangel said:

Also pigs are flat out stupid. Dangerous as hell, and stupid. Not a good combination, especially if you have a sow with piglets.

But Juliana pigs are legal to have as pets, and don't get bigger than a medium size dog, assuming they even get that big.

So where'd you keep it? and how'd you get it accustomed to your dogs?