Register Now
StaceyPowers

What games offer your favorite character customization options?

My pick goes to RDR2. There are so many options for outfits, and you can mix and match anything you have as much as you want. You can also shave Arthur or let his beard grow. You can use pomade on his hair to make it a little more presentable. You can let his hair grow to the point that it's as long as that of the girls' hair. If you choose to use hair tonic at least. I've never thought to try it, but thinking about it now, I just might. You can also go to a barber and do anything from shaving his head to just changing the style.

You can also customize all your weapons, unless they're one of the unique weapons. You can pick the grip, varnish, metals, carvings, engravings, and upgrades.

You can also customize your horse's mane and tail. When I get the white Arabian, I always go to a stable and have her tail braided and colored black. My reasoning for that is because Dutch rides a white Arabian as well, and it just makes it easier to tell our horses apart, until I go for one of the other wild Arabians.

Then there's the tack. You can customize it as well. I always ride the upgraded Gerden Vaquero saddle. I also buy the hooded stirrups. They're the best in the game. I'm not saying that from opinion, I'm saying that from fact and how they affect your horse. You have several colors for your saddle to choose from, and I tend to buy them also that I can mix it up whenever the urge strikes me.

There's so much that you can customize in this game, that it's almost literally just mind blowing. But that statement is coming from someone who still plays Zelda on the NES.

I always liked the Sims franchise’s character creator, with TS4 being a refinement. Lack of color wheel aside, TS4’s Create-a-Sim allows customation of characters from 5-6 life stages with a varied combination of body parts, hairstyles, and clothing attire. You can even make transgender Sims! Saints Row does have many of these features (including the trans option years before the Sims), but TS4 come with toddler and child options too. Few games allow you to customize a family in this depth.

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

I'm surprised that you are engaged and enjoying the game Cyberpunk 2077 currently. I haven't yet decided on the game after their mess up with it initially. 

Their is nothing I can do, but install the game on my PC, since it has received wide recognition and recommendation in this forum 'VGR.