Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Do you think Monsanto will destroy worldwide crops?

Monsanto is an agriculture corporation known for Agent Orange Roundup pesticide and genetically modifying seeds. They have caused widespread problems with the use of pesticides creating 'superbugs' that can eventually wipe out entire crops world wide. On top of that, they genetically modify seeds and patent them, hoarding seeds and preventing people from being able to get fertile seeds to produce their own food. And many times their pesticides and GMO seeds get mixed up in organic crops. I believe that eventually we will have failed crops worldwide and not be able to recover due to the lack of seeds that have genetic variability. 

If they can contain their seeds and work with farmers, then I see them being a great thing. Their so called "frankenfood" could feed the world since they're growing crops in climates and times of the year that they otherwise could not. But if they wipe out legitimate farming, then there will be worldwide famine. Wars will be fought over the tiniest scraps of food. I've never seen it, but going by the title, I'm assuming that The Hunger Games would be a good representation of what I'm talking about here?

The fact is that people like Bill Gates and Ted Turner are buying up so much land.  Well, I don't know about Ted Turner but he probably is.  Anyhow, those who own the land basically rule everyone who don't.  That was the lesson from the Middle Ages.

Edited by Jayson

On 2/16/2022 at 11:34 PM, Jayson said:

The fact is that people like Bill Gates and Ted Turner are buying up so much land.  Well, I don't know about Ted Turner but he probably is.  Anyhow, those who own the land basically rule everyone who don't.  That was the lesson from the Middle Ages.

In this case, they will own all the seeds. What is land when you got no seeds to sow?