Register Now
Kane99

Should Amazon try to buy up some studios?

I know Amazon is trying to get more involved with gaming, and they have so far with New World. But I assume they want to do a lot more. Every big game publisher or developer is buying small studios, maybe it would be wise for Amazon to invest in some small studios themselves. They don't even need to buy them up, they could contract them out, hire them, etc. 

I think with the money Amazon has, they can easily procure a couple studios and even hire on a few studios if they so desired. But, who knows what could come of that. Probably will end up being yet another greedy publisher. 

Amazon should just sponsor smaller studios to aid them financially so they have the chance to produce what they want without monetary restrictions, then cut Amazon a piece of the profits and let those studios stay independent. But that is impossible. And uniqueness becomes irrelevant, which is the backbone for smaller studios, and instead caters to the system of 'plain Jane' when dealing with a big entity like Amazon. 

3 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Amazon should just sponsor smaller studios to aid them financially so they have the chance to produce what they want without monetary restrictions, then cut Amazon a piece of the profits and let those studios stay independent. But that is impossible. And uniqueness becomes irrelevant, which is the backbone for smaller studios, and instead caters to the system of 'plain Jane' when dealing with a big entity like Amazon. 

Yeah I think that'd be a good idea too, especially with how many small and independent studios there are out there. I think some studios and companies do that anyway with bigger companies, but I can see it being a problem for them too. 

Amazon is not a company I 100% respect, they have made a lot of mistakes in recent years and it's hard to trust them, so I can see some studios not even wanting to work with them. 

On 12/9/2021 at 6:33 AM, Kane99 said:

I know Amazon is trying to get more involved with gaming, and they have so far with New World. But I assume they want to do a lot more. Every big game publisher or developer is buying small studios, maybe it would be wise for Amazon to invest in some small studios themselves. They don't even need to buy them up, they could contract them out, hire them, etc. 

I think with the money Amazon has, they can easily procure a couple studios and even hire on a few studios if they so desired. But, who knows what could come of that. Probably will end up being yet another greedy publisher. 

They will never be able to resist being too greedy a publisher when it comes to making money from the studios. Let them just stay in their lane for now.