Register Now
Kane99

Any settings we should turn on or off when gaming?

22 hours ago, skyfire said:

Another thing is in past I used to keep the computer on for days and it really affecting the heating part. Now a days I strictly make sure to turn off the computer after some time. 

I heard that it's not good to turn PCs off and on too much. I usually keep my PC on at all times, but put it in sleep mode when I'm not using it. I hear it's safer on your PC to start up from sleep anyway. 

14 hours ago, Lamarr the strelok said:

I'm with ya Kane. Just because they can take a lot of heat,I don't wanna run it to the redline all the time. With ALL electronics cooler is better.

For sure. Better not to risk it. Whenever my PC gets pretty loud, I like to calm it down on the strenuous activity. 

On 12/19/2021 at 10:05 AM, Kane99 said:

I heard that it's not good to turn PCs off and on too much. I usually keep my PC on at all times, but put it in sleep mode when I'm not using it. I hear it's safer on your PC to start up from sleep anyway. 

Not true. In fact you regularly shutting down the system is good. Atlesat 4 hour worth of shutdown is good for both desktop and laptop. Keeping it always on is never going to help it's performance. 

13 hours ago, skyfire said:

Not true. In fact you regularly shutting down the system is good. Atlesat 4 hour worth of shutdown is good for both desktop and laptop. Keeping it always on is never going to help it's performance. 

Hmm, I had no idea. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to shut down at night going forward. It doesn't take too long to turn on anyway, so I could always just turn it on in the morning when I wake up. Easy peasy. 

It's like motors running inside the fans, you can't run them forver and expect to have good performance. you shut down such fan motors and sensors regularly for their performance. In fact hibernation and sleep mode is not good considering it is keeping the machine in a state.