Register Now
DC

[Sponsored] The FFXIV MSQ is still too frustrating for new players, even with Endwalker

One of the biggest concerns for FFXIV players is the often long-winding process of completing Main Scenario Quests, or MSQ for short. FFXIV's story is a delight to experience, but the trouble with the game's MSQ is that it involves a plethora of sequential quests that must be completed in a linear fashion. This means you can't take on another part of MSQ without finishing pre-requisite quests firsts.

This has been a point of frustration for newer players because some may just want to get into the action of FFXIV without going through a tedious questline; in which case, they may be setting themselves up for disappointment because FFXIV deals with its story a lot. Part of the FFXIV grand experience is its rich story and events. While players may use an FFXIV mount to get from point A to point B, main quests will still require you as a player to defeat mobs of enemies or bosses at key parts of it.

Alternatively, players may choose to get an FFXIV account that has already completed the story so they can just choose to do the Bahamut Coil raids — the Bahamut Coil represents the biggest challenge in the game and is an absolute blast to experience and a worthy obstacle to finish, and not everyone gets to finish it.

What do you think of the game's MSQ so far? Will Endwalker do a good job of tidying things up for it?

7 hours ago, DC said:

One of the biggest concerns for FFXIV players is the often long-winding process of completing Main Scenario Quests, or MSQ for short. FFXIV's story is a delight to experience, but the trouble with the game's MSQ is that it involves a plethora of sequential quests that must be completed in a linear fashion. This means you can't take on another part of MSQ without finishing pre-requisite quests firsts.

This has been a point of frustration for newer players because some may just want to get into the action of FFXIV without going through a tedious questline; in which case, they may be setting themselves up for disappointment because FFXIV deals with its story a lot. Part of the FFXIV grand experience is its rich story and events. While players may use an FFXIV mount to get from point A to point B, main quests will still require you as a player to defeat mobs of enemies or bosses at key parts of it.

Alternatively, players may choose to get an FFXIV account that has already completed the story so they can just choose to do the Bahamut Coil raids — the Bahamut Coil represents the biggest challenge in the game and is an absolute blast to experience and a worthy obstacle to finish, and not everyone gets to finish it.

What do you think of the game's MSQ so far? Will Endwalker do a good job of tidying things up for it?

For newbie gamers, Endwalker would definitely come in handy for them with playing FFXIV and completing Main Scenario Quests, because ordinarily with it, it's one hell of a task. 

19 hours ago, DC said:

Having completing the often long-winding process of Main Scenario Quests in FFXIV is one of the frustrating things you can ever meet up with playing the game. 

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

Having completing the often long-winding process of Main Scenario Quests in FFXIV is one of the frustrating things you can ever meet up with playing the game. 

I actually felt like Square Enix needed to add the option of being able to skip some of the quests to make the gamers life a little easier but no, it's not going to happen. 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

I actually felt like Square Enix needed to add the option of being able to skip some of the quests to make the gamers life a little easier but no, it's not going to happen. 

Although, there is a uniqueness that comes with getting to complete all the quest in games. It shows a complete sense of commitment and dedication to the gameplay. 

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

Although, there is a uniqueness that comes with getting to complete all the quest in games. It shows a complete sense of commitment and dedication to the gameplay. 

It's most likely what Endwalker is going to try and fix for newbies that are yet to play FFXIV. 

On 12/15/2021 at 4:09 PM, Heatman said:

Square Enix does have the option to skip the main scenarios so you can go straight to the new main quest. You can even buy level up quest classes to get you leveled up to h highest rank that is currently out. Though doing this you miss out on some of the armor.

These have been out sense before Stormblood I believe.  

Edited by Rain Dew

3 hours ago, Rain Dew said:

Square Enix does have the option to skip the main scenarios so you can go straight to the new main quest. You can even buy level up quest classes to get you leveled up to h highest rank that is currently out. Though doing this you miss out on some of the armor.

These have been out sense before Stormblood I believe.  

This most likely is probably the main reason why some or even most gamers wouldn't fancy skipping some of the content and it's quite understandable. 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

This most likely is probably the main reason why some or even most gamers wouldn't fancy skipping some of the content and it's quite understandable. 

When you miss out on some armor that's going to be very important for your future progress in the game, it's definitely going to very critical for you in the future. 

23 hours ago, Heatman said:

When you miss out on some armor that's going to be very important for your future progress in the game, it's definitely going to very critical for you in the future. 

Whenever it comes to action games I always have this feeling that every weapon for me and how much is very important because there will come a time when that weapon would be the only thing that will help you to survive..

22 minutes ago, Boblee said:

Whenever it comes to action games I always have this feeling that every weapon for me and how much is very important because there will come a time when that weapon would be the only thing that will help you to survive..

This is actually why I see myself as a big collector when it comes to playing such games. I would never skip any item that can be collected. 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

This is actually why I see myself as a big collector when it comes to playing such games. I would never skip any item that can be collected. 

Since it's possible for you to do so, you shouldn't stop collecting those items in the video game, to use for upgrades and purchase of customize features via the game's store. 

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Since it's possible for you to do so, you shouldn't stop collecting those items in the video game, to use for upgrades and purchase of customize features via the game's store. 

As long as there is something to collect and I can actually collect it, I'm definitely not giving up on it for any reason whatsoever. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

As long as there is something to collect and I can actually collect it, I'm definitely not giving up on it for any reason whatsoever. 

I actually collect a few items but I'm not that too obsessed with doing it because it's kind of too stressful for me most of the time. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

You should not give up on what you're benefiting. I know you wouldn't do that, if, it is me too, I wouldn't do that as well, given my time off to rack up more achievements.