Register Now
StormyFire

Influential titles

52 minutes ago, Techno said:

A few come to mind:

Halo basically made the console FPS what it is today.

Minecraft exploded Sandbox and Indie popularity. Also is the highest selling console game of all time.

Metriod created the Metriodvania genre.

I 100% agree. Halo started the push for multi-player gaming on consoles as well. 

I'd also say that Grand Theft Auto is an important part of our gaming history. I still think GTA 3 is the main reason it blew up to such huge popularity and the rest is history. 

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I 100% agree. Halo started the push for multi-player gaming on consoles as well.

I don't know about that. I would give that credit to Doom. Sure, Halo is a massive game that has eclipsed Doom at this point, but I think Doom should be the one that would be the catalyst for FPS games.

Edited by The Blackangel

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I don't know about that. I would give that credit to Doom. Sure, Halo is a massive game that has eclipsed Doom at this point, but I think Doom should be the one that would be the catalyst for FPS games.

True, all these FPS games owe a lot to Doom. That and Wolfenstein were the two that really started things. I mainly mean Halo in terms of multiplayer gaming. It really advanced that side of it. Also it's different control scheme and feel helped modernize it a bit as well.