Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games you hope that no one will ever remake?

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

Capcom never seem to learn from their previous mistakes and it's why some of their great games are suffering today with useless remakes that's not necessary. 

Recent attempts at new Contra games have proven that all too true. Capcom's heyday is long gone. They were killing it up through the N64/PS1 era. But after that, they started suffering and seriously screwing up virtually everything they touched. They ended up being like a rebirth of LJN. Don't get me wrong on that, there's a lot of LJN games that I actually enjoy the hell out of. It's just an analogy that I know everyone will understand.

But after that era, they (at least from what I have seen) more or less faded away into obscurity. I haven't seen much out of Konami either, especially since the death of Castlevania. The last Castlevania game I saw released was Lords Of Shadows II on PS3. Has there been another one released since then? If so, then it seems it garnered very little publicity. If any at all. The TV show doesn't count here. This is about games.

It's just seeming to me that some of the best companies, (that early in their run had some of the best games) are dying off. Capcom and Konami are just the first two that come to mind for me.

16 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Recent attempts at new Contra games have proven that all too true. Capcom's heyday is long gone. They were killing it up through the N64/PS1 era. But after that, they started suffering and seriously screwing up virtually everything they touched. They ended up being like a rebirth of LJN. Don't get me wrong on that, there's a lot of LJN games that I actually enjoy the hell out of. It's just an analogy that I know everyone will understand.

But after that era, they (at least from what I have seen) more or less faded away into obscurity. I haven't seen much out of Konami either, especially since the death of Castlevania. The last Castlevania game I saw released was Lords Of Shadows II on PS3. Has there been another one released since then? If so, then it seems it garnered very little publicity. If any at all. The TV show doesn't count here. This is about games.

It's just seeming to me that some of the best companies, (that early in their run had some of the best games) are dying off. Capcom and Konami are just the first two that come to mind for me.

Sometimes I look at it like it's something that's linked to a curse on greed because it's a common thing that connects all of them together. Don't get me wrong, I know that some people don't believe in curses but it's my personal observation over the years with how these companies seem to fare. 

14 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I think that I saw a trailer recently on Contra and it's not even that interesting to me at all. The ones that I played on Sega was far more better even though it's a old enough. 

25 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I think that I saw a trailer recently on Contra and it's not even that interesting to me at all. The ones that I played on Sega was far more better even though it's a old enough. 

I would like to see that trailer as well if you don't mind helping me to post it again for me to watch. I used to love the game especially the spinning and shooting skill.