Register Now
Kane99

Do you want realism with your racing games?

When it comes to racing games, do you want realism or more arcade style? I prefer a more arcade like style. When games get too realistic, it just takes me out of the game. I don't mind some realism, but not overboard to where I have a hard time controlling every car. 

Yes, all of it. I'd prefer racing games to be 100% realistic, but unfortunately that doesn't exist. One game gets one aspect right, the other something else, but nothing nails everything at the same time.

I'd want a game with the driving physics of assetto corsa, the open world of test drive unlimited, the damage model of beamng, and the career mode of Gran Turismo  4. That would be my perfect racing game.

6 hours ago, m76 said:

Yes, all of it. I'd prefer racing games to be 100% realistic, but unfortunately that doesn't exist. One game gets one aspect right, the other something else, but nothing nails everything at the same time.

I'd want a game with the driving physics of assetto corsa, the open world of test drive unlimited, the damage model of beamng, and the career mode of Gran Turismo  4. That would be my perfect racing game.

That would be awesome! I just got beamng and the physics are cool. I could only imagine if these games combined together to make one game. Do you play with a racing wheel? 

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

That would be awesome! I just got beamng and the physics are cool. I could only imagine if these games combined together to make one game. Do you play with a racing wheel? 

I play sims worthy of the name with a racing wheel, but I usually just muck around with a keyboard in beamng as it's not a serious game and playable relatively well using just the keyboard.