Register Now
Kane99

Gaming YouTubers that showcase the history of gaming

What are some gaming youtubers you guys like that talk about gaming history? I know of the Gaming Historian and Did You Know Gaming on YouTube, as well as Matt McMuscles who does the What Happun videos on YouTube. 

What are some others you'd recommend?

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

I think that Mark Fischbach with his gaming channel Markiplier does show gaming history in his reviews. He's one of the most influential gamers and YouTubers today. 

That's fabulous one to hear that Fishchbach is one of the most influential gaming YouTube reviewers that applied history to his YouTube video views. 

14 hours ago, Boblee said:

I think that Mark Fischbach with his gaming channel Markiplier does show gaming history in his reviews. He's one of the most influential gamers and YouTubers today. 

Eh, not a fan of Markiplier, and I didn't know he did any history style videos. I'm mainly looking for stuff like the Gaming Historian, who talks the history of gaming, and doesn't use comedy or other things. I just like hearing the history of gaming from people who know what they're talking about, and don't use comedy or make it weird if that makes sense? 

5 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Eh, not a fan of Markiplier, and I didn't know he did any history style videos. I'm mainly looking for stuff like the Gaming Historian, who talks the history of gaming, and doesn't use comedy or other things. I just like hearing the history of gaming from people who know what they're talking about, and don't use comedy or make it weird if that makes sense? 

You have a point per say with Markiplier's use of comedy in his reviews. I had to ask a friend of mine for any recommendations and he suggested HistoricNerd. He said he's more like Gaming Historian. 

19 hours ago, Boblee said:

You have a point per say with Markiplier's use of comedy in his reviews. I had to ask a friend of mine for any recommendations and he suggested HistoricNerd. He said he's more like Gaming Historian. 

Thanks, I'll have to check him out. I can't say I've heard of him though, but the name does kinda sound familiar.  Like I probably saw his channel somewhere. 

The Angry video game nerd is probably the best out there, he's been making videos since 2006, he mostly reviews retro games and consoles mostly 70s-90s and from time to time a more recent game or a rare or weird console. Most of the stuff he reviews are actually bad video games thats his bread and butter

21 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Thanks, I'll have to check him out. I can't say I've heard of him though, but the name does kinda sound familiar.  Like I probably saw his channel somewhere. 

You should do that, like I said it was a recommendation and I do trust that guy's recommendations most of the time. So, hopefully it checks out.