Register Now
StaceyPowers

What to you would be the single worst thing about being a professional gamer?

The first thing would be privacy, I enjoy my privacy, so becoming a public figure in this case a profesional gamer that would affect that lifestyle. Second would be the stress, I play videogames to relax, I wouldnt want my paycheck to be held just because we lost on an online videogame.

The pressure and toxicity. Professional gamers are often part of a team. I've never seen a solo pro gamer. So the pressure to do perfect in a tournament for your team would be more than most could take. And if you didn't play perfectly, things would get extremely toxic. They would blame you, treat you like shit, go off on you, and possibly take it to a physical level. It's just not worth it to me.

And if you're a solo gamer, the pressure to win would be all on you. you would have no one to rely on when you need help.

Also the stress from all this could cause and lead to some serious health problems. I already have enough of those issues, both psychological and physical. I don't need any more.

4 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

The pressure and toxicity. Professional gamers are often part of a team. I've never seen a solo pro gamer. So the pressure to do perfect in a tournament for your team would be more than most could take. And if you didn't play perfectly, things would get extremely toxic. They would blame you, treat you like shit, go off on you, and possibly take it to a physical level. It's just not worth it to me.

And if you're a solo gamer, the pressure to win would be all on you. you would have no one to rely on when you need help.

Also the stress from all this could cause and lead to some serious health problems. I already have enough of those issues, both psychological and physical. I don't need any more.

Seriously, the pressure can definitely cause a psychological breakdown if the professional gamer isn't strong enough to handle it.