Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Could Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed merge together?

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

Watch Dogs 2 for me. I really enjoyed every minute I played the game. That is until I encountered a glitch at one point that resulted in a lot of progress to be lost. I thankfully didn't lose too much, but it was quite annoying to say the least. 

But yeah, I could see Watch Dogs and AC mixing well together. I wish they'd try it out. 

I am an assassin Creed fan but I can't say same for watch dog since I only ever played watch dog 2 twice earlier this year.

Hopefully there's a merge as that would help to reignite my interest in the two video games.

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Watch Dogs 2 for me. I really enjoyed every minute I played the game. That is until I encountered a glitch at one point that resulted in a lot of progress to be lost. I thankfully didn't lose too much, but it was quite annoying to say the least. 

But yeah, I could see Watch Dogs and AC mixing well together. I wish they'd try it out. 

I can't wait to play Watch Dogs 2. WD 1, I can't see how it gets better than that, but if it does then I'm in for some more fun. Maybe a future Watch Dogs game may integrate AC more. WD Legion had a few Assassin missions which blew my mind when I found out. Something I noticed with Ubisoft games is they usually follow a similar format, liberate regions and get rid of the corruption, templars, gangs, or people who want control through a regime and rule with an iron fist. It's always fun to topple those villains. 

I always had the impression part of the appeal of AC was the settings, and although the parkour stuff would translate well into an urban environment I can't imagine there would be any interesting story to go with it, especially since I tend to see the modern-day stuff in AC is disliked because it doesn't have any of the gameplay of the "main" game and nothing about what it has to tell is interesting. I've played a bit of Black Flag and Origins and any time I got sent to the modern day I was completely checked out on whatever story they were trying to feed me in it. I also can't see there really being a good explanation for the character not just gunning people down GTA style or just using a sniper rifle and stuff over parkour killing people like you do in AC games, so I don't even think a modern setting could work out. Settings like in Unity are probably the closest AC can get to a modern setting without it starting to feel out of place or at odds with itself.

Here is a small crossover trailer with WD Legion and Assassin's Creed. Once you unlock the Assassin Darcy, you can play her and use her skills as much you want in the game. I believe she is part of a DLC. It works really well. It definitely can be done to integrate a bit more. 

Edited by Reality vs Adventure

On 10/30/2022 at 8:47 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Here is a small crossover trailer with WD Legion and Assassin's Creed. Once you unlock the Assassin Darcy, you can play her and use her skills as much you want in the game. I believe she is part of a DLC. It works really well. It definitely can be done to integrate a bit more. 

This looks really good and promising in my opinion I sincerely hope Ubisoft pulls through with this one as I would love to see the final outcome.

On 10/30/2022 at 3:47 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

See, that's kinda cool. That's for sure a start. If anything doing DLC like this wouldn't be bad. Mixing the stories would go far in worldbuilding I think. And it's not like Watchdogs can't exist in the same world. I'm pretty sure they do, as I think there's easter eggs for AC in the Watchdogs games anyway. 

I think it's a direction they could go in, combining the games together into one crazy game, would be epic imo.  

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

See, that's kinda cool. That's for sure a start. If anything doing DLC like this wouldn't be bad. Mixing the stories would go far in worldbuilding I think. And it's not like Watchdogs can't exist in the same world. I'm pretty sure they do, as I think there's easter eggs for AC in the Watchdogs games anyway. 

I think it's a direction they could go in, combining the games together into one crazy game, would be epic imo.  

Don't you think the world of Assassin's Creed and watchdogs are generations apart and if this is done would there going be a conflict of story or are we going to have two entirely different world in one game.

What do you think?