Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Republicans give speech titled 'Banning Transgenderism' at university on Transgender Day of Visibility 3/31

Republicans are on the attack against universities as part of their culture war and they want to demonize universities as well as try to sell themselves as victims of not having free speech. Republican Michael Knowles held a speech at Washburn University titled 'Banning Transgenderism' on 3/31 which is also the annual International Transgender Day of Visibility. Yes, you heard that correct. Republicans claim to not have free speech, and then go and give a speech on banning transgenderism. So this is what they complain about free speech for? They are attacking university 'culture' as part of their culture war and anti CRT while pushing this crap? 

https://www.ksnt.com/news/local-news/conservative-speaker-michael-knowles-gives-ban-transgenderism-lecture-at-washburn-university/

This all speaks for itself. All the bills against transgender children and teens to stop them from getting gender affirming care because they don't want them to play sports and could care less about their psychological issues. Their ban on trans serving in the military that Biden had to reverse. And republicans are proposing a resolution to honor second place winner of the NCAA Women's 500 yard freestyle to be the rightful winner of 1st place instead of Lia Thomas who is a transgender that came in first place, who rightfully won after going through therapy and met qualifications to compete.

This is the real reason republicans are attacking trans. It's not to protect them, it's not for any other reason than to get them out of sports, out of bathrooms, and just ban them from existence. I wonder what a hard lined republican would do if they ended up having a trans child. Would they betray their own child for political beliefs? Would they abandon their child? Neglect them?

Republicans are following the same rhetoric as Putin and the way he demonizes LGTBQ and his push to ban abortions. If you look at all democratic countries, none have an abortion ban. Proof that republicans are lock in step with Putin. Republican/Putin ideology is to try to have a strong man approach and take away their rights as part of the strong-man tradition. Some forms of domestic violence is no longer illegal in Russia along with the attack on LGTBQ. All these things what republicans are pushing for is exactly what Putin has done to Russians with their “gay propaganda” law or their “anti gay” law. Transgender people in that country aren’t even allowed to drive!!!

Texas and Idaho are passing laws to criminalize gender-affirming care of trans people before becoming an adult in bill HB 657. Doctors will get criminalized and the child or teen will be taken away from their parents claiming it’s child abuse. No, what’s abusive is how they want to demonize that community in the schools with the Don’t Say Gay bill in Florida or to separate a child from their parents because they want gender-affirming care. Many of those children and teens who don’t get the care they need end up with major psychological problems and even suicide. The ironic thing is that republicans have trans children too. How do they respond to the attacks on their children? Seems like republicans care more about stopping trans children and teens from playing sports then they do for their psychological well being. 

FUCK YOU REPUBLICANS

Being that I'm part of the LGBTQ+ community, I know firsthand how this shit feels. We're all being criminalized just for existing. Lesbians and gay men are being downgraded from human beings, but transgender people are getting it the worst. The attacks on them have gone from a burning match to a wildfire that would eat up Alaska and the rain forests. I don't get why the right wing is so scared of transgender people. I know the reasons they throw out, but none of them are an actual explanation of why trans people scare them so much. Shouldn't they be afraid of ISIS or Al Quieda instead? Those terrorist groups should be more of a concern than whee someone pisses. The last I knew, they were calling everyone of the LGBTQ+ community an "unperson" as opposed to a person. That was the most degrading and insulting any of us have ever felt. being called things like fag, dyke, and tranny are insulting enough. But unperson is going too far. Even the right wing should know that and know where to draw the line. But they either don't know, or don't care about the line.

Lauren Boebert who has proposed a bill to deny 1st place winner Lia Thomas who is transgender and replace with the 2nd place instead, is now advocating for transgender youth to not be able to get gender affirming care until they are 21. Here is what she said on twitter:

"We require people to be 21 to purchase alcohol beverages, and 21 to purchase tobacco products. Why is it so unreasonable to require people to reach a certain level of maturity before making life-altering decisions about their sexuality and identity?"

OK, so you can buy guns at 18 and join the military at 18. I actually didn't know the tobacco law was recently changed to be 21. That's interesting news. 1st of all, it's wrong to put a law telling someone they can't get a medical treatment. 2nd, people are considered adults at 18 and they can make their own medical decisions. 3rd, parents and their children have the right to make a decision of their own health choices, especially when the child is facing serious psychological trauma and possibility of suicide. 

And these same people say face masks and vaccines are a violation of their rights. 

HYPOCRITES

So, you got some policy other than hating on others? Just one fucking policy proposal that isn't an attack on others? 

I get it that it really doesn’t matter what I say or what any democrat says or even what the constitution says anymore. Republicans are going to pass whatever bill they want in red states. So I realize that. I’m just pointing out the hypocrisies, and/or violations of the constitution. The rest is history. So I’m gonna go back to trying to keep my mind in peace and harmony. Because you republicans are poison. 

I knew the bitch was stupid, but didn't know that she couldn't count. however it doesn't surprise me in the least.

I can go kill and die in some other country because this country thinks it's "heroic", but I can't take medication that could allow me to be who I really am? That's the message they are giving the entire transgender community.

"Go kill and die and you're a great heroic person. Try to take gender affirming medication and you're a monstrosity that deserves no rights. I will decide for you, you freak."

Also:

"WAAAAHHHHHH!!!! THEY WANT ME TO WEAR A MASK AND GET VACCINATED TO PROTECT MYSELF AND OTHERS!!!! WAAAAHHHHHH!!!!"

I'm going to tie in Florida's Don't Say Gay bill to this topic. Also known as 'Parental Rights in Education.' How is this 'parental rights,' when banning gender affirming care for transgender isn't a parental rights issue? The Don't Say Gay bill bans any talk of sexual orientation or gender identity from kindergarten to third grade. 

Fox News reporter, who is well known now for being an idiot, asks Jen Psaki House Speaker this question:

“Does the White House support that kind of classroom instruction before kindergarten?”

And Psaki answers: “Do you have examples of schools in Florida that are teaching kindergarteners about sex education?”  “I think that’s a relevant question because the law is nothing more than a “politically charged, harsh law that is putting parents and LGBTQ+ kids in a very difficult, heartbreaking circumstance.”

The wording in that new bill is now open for debate because it's too open to interpret, which most bills republicans pass have the intention of doing. Leave it open so as to try and not violate the constitution, meanwhile confusing everyone and inciting paranoia of risk losing their jobs. 

A teacher in Florida shared this with Moms For Liberty to show how ridiculous this new bill can get in Florida schools:

FPRmVh8WQAghukr.thumb.jpeg.4df8c579975dce44f99cb0f1d1d31b1c.jpeg

I came across this today, the fatal violence of transgender since 2015-2021.

https://www.hrc.org/resources/fatal-violence-against-the-transgender-and-gender-non-conforming-community-in-2021

Here's a run down of fatal violent murders against transgender in the U.S. 2021 was a record number with the most deaths. And this doesn't include non lethal attacks or any lethal/nonlethal attacks against others in the LGBTQ community. 

transgender/gender non-conforming:

2015-21 fatalities

2016-21 fatalities

2017-25 fatalities

2018-22 fatalities

2019-25 fatalities

2020-37 fatalities

2021-57 fatalities

And since 2022 is the year republicans have clamped down on their hate, it might set a new record. So we will see how their discriminate bills correlate with violence for 2022. 

Due to the LGBTQ policies in Texas and Florida on classifying gender affirming care as child abuse and 'Don't Say Gay' bill, Los Angeles has banned all business travel to Texas and Florida. Business travel is tax payer funded so that's why L.A. can get away with it. The reason is because the bills against transgender in those two states is discriminate. There are other states pushing those same bills, so I guess L.A. will have the travel ban against all red states eventually. This kind of thing I would expect during the Covid crisis since red states don't believe it exists. But the way things are going, red states are becoming increasingly hostile and eventually we will have blue and red state travel bans across the board. Florida governor just said Florida will be in a 'cold war' against Georgia if a democrat is elected governor. Even Disney is standing up against Florida's governor and his anti LGBTQ bill. Republicans are even attacking Mickey Mouse LOL. I don't know about travel bans, but businesses should rethink setting up shop and even consider relocating from states like Texas and Florida. 

Unfortunately, with Twitter, there is such a thing as over-sharing. You don't need to follow every single brand or celebrity. You don't "need" to check your mentions every five minutes. And you DEFINITELY don't need to get into pointless arguments with strangers online. . . especially when you're always headed for defeat. The industry has no shortage of professionals offering up their opinion on the topic, and you can find many of them readily accessible via social media. If you're looking to support someone relevant in the comics world influencing the conversation, be sure to lend your voice and help out.

On 4/10/2022 at 12:28 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Due to the LGBTQ policies in Texas and Florida on classifying gender affirming care as child abuse and 'Don't Say Gay' bill, Los Angeles has banned all business travel to Texas and Florida. Business travel is tax payer funded so that's why L.A. can get away with it. The reason is because the bills against transgender in those two states is discriminate. There are other states pushing those same bills, so I guess L.A. will have the travel ban against all red states eventually. This kind of thing I would expect during the Covid crisis since red states don't believe it exists. But the way things are going, red states are becoming increasingly hostile and eventually we will have blue and red state travel bans across the board. Florida governor just said Florida will be in a 'cold war' against Georgia if a democrat is elected governor. Even Disney is standing up against Florida's governor and his anti LGBTQ bill. Republicans are even attacking Mickey Mouse LOL. I don't know about travel bans, but businesses should rethink setting up shop and even consider relocating from states like Texas and Florida. 

I don't even see where they think their coming from.  What does Disney extending a trademark have to with any of this?  I don't think they even need approval from Congress to to do that!  This is incredibly immature.

Edited by Crazycrab

20 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

I don't even see where they think their coming from.  What does Disney extending a trademark have to with any of this?  I don't think they even need approval from Congress to to do that!  This is incredibly immature.

The Florida republican governor abused his power to go after Disney because they criticized the governor’s ‘don’t say gay’ bill. Disney has all the right to sue against the governor’s retaliation and abuse of power. This is a serious thing now where republicans feel they have the right to politically abuse corporations. Beginning stages of totalitarianism. 

The governor has no legal standing in attacking Disney simply because they don't like his bigoted policies. Any lawsuit that makes it to the courts would, by the letter of the law, have to be thrown out. It's frivolous and has no legal standing. It's suing an opinion. That is not something the courts allow. But then again, this is DeShithead and the heavily red state of Florida we're talking about, so it would make it through the courts somehow. Despite it being an illegal lawsuit.

Edited by The Blackangel

7 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

More specifically, the trademark has nothing to do with anything; that tweet by Boebert was a display of her ignorance because she confused a trademark with a copyright. Also, the clown mispelled "Micky" in her tweet. It's Mickey. Boebert is the same lady who is trying to make a bill to not recognize 1st place swimmer Lia Thomas because she is transgender. That tweet from Boebert is a display of her ignorance for all to see. 

But DeSantis, Florida's governor is penalizing Disney now. And right wing protestors are throwing little protests at Disney trying to block its entrances. And why? All because Disney voiced an opinion. So where is all that freedom of speech??? Fuck you lying republicans. You don't give a damn about free speech. 

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

The governor has no legal standing in attacking Disney simply because they don't like his bigoted policies. Any lawsuit that makes it to the courts would, by the letter of the law, have to be thrown out. It's frivolous and has no legal standing. It's suing an opinion. That is not something the courts allow. But then again, this is DeShithead and the heavily red state of Florida we're talking about, so it would make it through the courts somehow. Despite it being an illegal lawsuit.

Our courts don't mean squat anymore. Florida's supreme court is republican. They tossed their oaths out the window. They have allowed all this crap the governor has done. Florida is in an authoritarian state now. And the federal supreme court no longer exists. The republican majority there also tossed their oath out the window. They also have allowed all this nonsense with schools and abortions as well as racist gerrymandering. For christ's sake, our miranda rights are heading to the supreme court now which is supposed to protect us from unlawful arrests. Miranda rights are up for debate now? WTF. Let's watch republicans throw it out the window.