Register Now
Lens

Apple will remove outdated games on its platform

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Apple won that case but had to allow developers a way to add third party payment systems on their platform (if I remember correctly) as a condition so I wouldn't say it was a huge win for them.

It's a win with a gun shot at the leg for them because in the end, Epic game still have a way to get gamers to pay to them directly if they choose to. Epic Games is still planning on appealing that ruling. 

18 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

I have taken time to read up everything on the case between Epic Games vs Apple. It's all down to Epic Games not being in approval of Apple's and Google Play 30% charge on transaction for purchasing V-Bucks.

They had to roll an update that allowed gamers to pay to them directly which led Apple to delist Fortnite from Apple Store and Google from their Play store too.

Epic Games was actually the one that sued Apple for delisting Fortnite from Apple store but Apple eventually still won the case. 

Thanks for adding information to this discussion, I did not know it was Fortnite that sued Apple and eventually lost. A lot of games are not officially available on Play or App store because they don't want to share revenue.

7 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

It's a win with a gun shot at the leg for them because in the end, Epic game still have a way to get gamers to pay to them directly if they choose to. Epic Games is still planning on appealing that ruling. 

I'm aware of that and so is Apple so it'll just keep going...

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'm aware of that and so is Apple so it'll just keep going...

And unless Epic Games would be able to prove that Apple have complete monopoly here, it's going to be difficult for them to get a win in the case because that's how they lost the first one. 

Edited by Aniekwe

11 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

And unless Epic Games would be able to prove that Apple have complete monopoly here, it's going to be difficult for them to get a win in the case because that's how they lost the first one. 

Yeah but let's get back on topic - we do have another thread for discussing that case. As I previously stated, it makes sense because the software updates will render certain features in older games obsolete so it makes sense to get developers to update their games every now and then.