Register Now
Lens

Apple will remove outdated games on its platform

Apple plan to began a scrutiny on the application softwares that are on the platform. It was made known buy the telephone giant that most of the apps that are not active would be removed on the platform.

It was made known that most of the game apps are  outdated and needs to be updated.This news made many game developers to keep updating the applications on the app store.

That's interesting to hear, at least those who aren't working on their apps, like pushing for their app downloads will have their app cut short at the Apple store. Their is no need keeping redundant apps it makes no sense at all. 

On 4/26/2022 at 12:38 PM, Empire said:

Not like I was a big apple person anyway 😛 good that they are removing the old and unsupported. Then again won't please everyone. 

Yeah, some users might have an issue with that upgrade but in the end it's all better with all they were trying to do. 

Their is no need thinking about the game's or app upgrades. Because, the developers/publishers of those apps have abandoned their project, due to some unforeseen circumstances. Their is more to download around Apple store for iOS users. 

On 4/26/2022 at 12:38 PM, Empire said:

Not like I was a big apple person anyway 😛 good that they are removing the old and unsupported. Then again won't please everyone. 

Exactly the same thing with me. I haven't used any Apple products for once. I get that they are good but it haven't appealed to me yet. It's just their problem to worry about. 

On 6/7/2022 at 8:19 PM, Aniekwe said:

The games already there being useless, so it's even a better decision on their part because it's going to give room for more new games to come up. 

Why they were all being kept on the platform when they are no being useful to their product users never made any sense to me. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

Why they were all being kept on the platform when they are no being useful to their product users never made any sense to me. 

They are just occupying space that's supposed to be used for other games that deserve more recognition by the users. 

On one hand, if the developer doesn't care about updating the game after X many years to keep up with the new hardware that gets released, why should I care?

On the other hand, if it's an app that isn't supported for the new iOS releases, it just clogs up space of apps that do work.

4 hours ago, Jasmin said:

I don't use Apple device, however, I believe this is a good move. I think Google Play should also do the same thing. This will stop people from downloading bad games.

I'm not sure if the same thing is obtainable on android devices with Google Play Store. If it's not, they should look into copying Apple strategy on that because it's something that's very useful. 

I probably should go on a rant about companies not giving a fuck about preserving games but eh i'm not going to bother, clearly nobody cares about that anymore. In a nutshell That's Modern gaming for you were games are nothing more then consumables. 

Edited by Yaramaki