Register Now
StaceyPowers

What brings you back to an MMO after you have spent significant time away?

If I really enjoyed the game when I was playing before I took the break, then there being an update will always be something that brings me back. I find with MMO's I can play them for a while but if I play them for too long, I get burned out on them, because of that I like to take a break and wait for something new to come to the game. If I see a new update coming to the game I was playing and it looks interesting, I will jump back on to check it out. By then I have had a break from the game and the burn out isn't there anymore and it becomes a new experience with the update.

On 11/23/2022 at 12:36 AM, Kane99 said:

I think to bring me back to most any game it would require new content. Sometimes it's just replayability that keeps me coming back to some games. Like Super Mario Bros. 3. I always come back to that one, even after I spent a long time away. I know that isn't an MMO, but I think it works for most games too, in that you can stop playing an MMO and come back to it later. Replayability is a big thing for any game, even MMOs. 

I think if it gives me new content, free or paid for, that will help get me to come back. I think most gamers would feel somewhat the same. 

Additional contents is always enticing and once you get information about it your interest in a particular game you've played and dropped at one point would begin to get back again and you begin to feel like returning to that particular video game.

This is general for most video games including MMO's.