Jump to content
Register Now
StaceyPowers

What brings you back to an MMO after you have spent significant time away?

Recommended Posts

The thrill of playing the game always brings me back to it no matter how long I have played the game. I do miss my old friends too on it, so it's another factor as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The thrill I derive as a result of playing with other gamers from different regions makes me look back to playing online games especially on racing games. I love to compare my experience with other gamers, it will tell me if I'm improving or not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How much you tend to miss ir or maybe you remember how bad you are playing it and wish you didn't got back into the game series. Depends on what you are playing right 😛 I'd play such a game, if it wasn't a typical MMORPG where only stats or loot matters. Instead, the repeating doom should be a mechanic where cooperation prospers and knowledge of the game is the currency.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Justin11 said:

The thrill I derive as a result of playing with other gamers from different regions makes me look back to playing online games especially on racing games. I love to compare my experience with other gamers, it will tell me if I'm improving or not. 

A game that's too good is always very hard to leave out for a very long time. You can't stay that away without getting called back to it like Siri called back out the creatures from the monolith in the Witcher. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

A game that's too good is always very hard to leave out for a very long time. You can't stay that away without getting called back to it like Siri called back out the creatures from the monolith in the Witcher. 

Lol, some moment in video games are genuis moments, just like the one I heard around Witcher. I didn't play to witness the cutscene, I saw it on a trailer. One good game deserves another, I wouldn't turn back at playing my favourite racing game series 'MGP. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Sometimes, it's to see old friends and troll with them or maybe I'm just bored as hell. 

It's very clear that you enjoy trolling your friends 😂. I read it on your other comment. It's always fun when they return the favor 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

It's very clear that you enjoy trolling your friends 😂. I read it on your other comment. It's always fun when they return the favor 😂

I don't have a problem - it makes the experience entertaining for everyone. If I can dish it, I'll have to take it as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I don't have a problem - it makes the experience entertaining for everyone. If I can dish it, I'll have to take it as well.

That's where I have a little problem with some of my guys. They would love to troll you but when you give them a perfect one, they don't seem to take it well on the chin. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't say but some MMO has that kill or be killed feature  since they have a lot of players in them and some of them can be a pain in the butt sometime. Lol

But it's just Normal to want to try out something again after a long time that's if you enjoyed it In the previous encounter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/8/2022 at 3:56 AM, StaceyPowers said:

If you take months or years off from a specific MMO, what tends to bring you back to logging in? New content? Missing old friends? Something else?

Would have to say missing that point of my life where I played the game, not just the game but the feeling around life when I was no lifing the game.

Generally it comes from wanting to no life something such as PVM or PVP, generally already beat the end game of the games I played so starting over and playing a fresh character is what I crave.

 

EOS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I always have a knack for picking up from where I left off in some things that really made sense to me in the past. It's basically what's going on bring me back into the game all over again. Reliving something good is fun. It adds to your happiness. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2022 at 7:49 PM, Heatman said:

I always have a knack for picking up from where I left off in some things that really made sense to me in the past. It's basically what's going on bring me back into the game all over again. Reliving something good is fun. It adds to your happiness. 

I really don't get into MMo's that much and sometimes I take really long break from it but anytime I get back into it I just sync with it again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think to bring me back to most any game it would require new content. Sometimes it's just replayability that keeps me coming back to some games. Like Super Mario Bros. 3. I always come back to that one, even after I spent a long time away. I know that isn't an MMO, but I think it works for most games too, in that you can stop playing an MMO and come back to it later. Replayability is a big thing for any game, even MMOs. 

I think if it gives me new content, free or paid for, that will help get me to come back. I think most gamers would feel somewhat the same. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...