Register Now
DC

Extreme sports participation?

On 11/5/2022 at 9:22 AM, The Blackangel said:

I've walked over coals. It's mind over matter. Prepare your mind, and you can do it and not feel anything.

Damn - the only thing I've done close to that was Cliff diving. I once wanted to try skydiving but that urge seems to have disappeared with age.

On 1/31/2023 at 2:09 PM, killamch89 said:

Damn - the only thing I've done close to that was Cliff diving. I once wanted to try skydiving but that urge seems to have disappeared with age.

There was a time that I wanted to try both skydiving and bungee jumping. The problem that blocked me is my extreme fear of heights. I even get uncomfortable someone looking from up high in a movie. When I was in boot camp, we were at the rappel tower and I had my eyes closed as I waited in line, and was constantly saying "two feet up, two feet up" over and over. My drill instructor saw me and asked what the hell I was doing. I told her that I was extremely afraid of heights, so she moved me to the front of the line. She understood, as the fear of heights is an extremely common phobia. While this was happening, we were probably 8 feet off the ground. But then climbing the ropes at the end of the o cor was just as bad because they were 30 feet high. Not a whole lot shorter than the rappel tower.

On 2/2/2023 at 8:50 AM, The Blackangel said:

There was a time that I wanted to try both skydiving and bungee jumping. The problem that blocked me is my extreme fear of heights. I even get uncomfortable someone looking from up high in a movie. When I was in boot camp, we were at the rappel tower and I had my eyes closed as I waited in line, and was constantly saying "two feet up, two feet up" over and over. My drill instructor saw me and asked what the hell I was doing. I told her that I was extremely afraid of heights, so she moved me to the front of the line. She understood, as the fear of heights is an extremely common phobia. While this was happening, we were probably 8 feet off the ground. But then climbing the ropes at the end of the o cor was just as bad because they were 30 feet high. Not a whole lot shorter than the rappel tower.

I've tried bungee jumping once and it wasn't that bad. The other one I want to get into is freestyle rock climbing.

On 3/10/2023 at 8:43 AM, The Blackangel said:

I'll stick to competition snowboarding. It's what I love, and would kill to have one more chance to hit the slopes.

I've always wanted to get into snowboarding but the only time I can experience it is travelling to the US or Europe in winter. When I first tried it, I was actually decent at it because I used to skateboard as a kid so it wasn't that hard to get into.