Register Now
DC

Extreme sports participation?

I was a bullrider when I was a teenager. When I landed coming off a bull, I landed wrong and broke my collar bone. So that laid me up for most of the summer. I still went to rodeo's and the practice pen to watch at least. I just couldn't ride with a broken bone.

An extreme sport I enjoyed doing then was mountain biking because of the adrenaline rush it Comes with, we usually climbed up to the mountains and raced down against each other, the injuries you could get doing this can be devastating.

The mountain is steep with a rough terrain if you don't focus hard enough and a very skilled biker you could bump into some Rock and roll several meters down incurring terrible injuries.

5 hours ago, Clasher said:

An extreme sport I enjoyed doing then was mountain biking because of the adrenaline rush it Comes with, we usually climbed up to the mountains and raced down against each other, the injuries you could get doing this can be devastating.

The mountain is steep with a rough terrain if you don't focus hard enough and a very skilled biker you could bump into some Rock and roll several meters down incurring terrible injuries.

I haven't done mountain biking in over a decade but some of those tumbles were hilarious when I look back at them. The part that makes it the funniest is when you're sent flying off the bike into the air. All I hear is R.kelly's I believe I can fly during that moment and then you hit the ground and roll several yards and end up in so much pain 🤣

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

All I hear is R.kelly's I believe I can fly during that moment and then you hit the ground and roll several yards and end up in so much pain 🤣

Lol, it's at that moment you begin to reconsider your life choices and you are like if only I can survive this one I wouldn't do this again and after a month when you are completely healed you go back to the mountains again with your bike. 

21 hours ago, Clasher said:

Lol, it's at that moment you begin to reconsider your life choices and you are like if only I can survive this one I wouldn't do this again and after a month when you are completely healed you go back to the mountains again with your bike. 

That's just like me XD or at least when I was younger. I've had many a nasty fall with a few broken bones but after I'm fully healed, that's me going even faster down the mountain!

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's just like me XD or at least when I was younger. I've had many a nasty fall with a few broken bones but after I'm fully healed, that's me going even faster down the mountain!

I am still very surprised I didn't incurr any terrible fractures during my days of mountain biking just a few dislocations which heals very fast.

I joined hosts of my peers in expert bike riding eight years ago. I didn't incur injuries because, I don't drive so rough, I try to slow down my speed and maintain my lane and not crossing over another lane carelessly. I didn't participate any racing competition using the bike or bicycle, all were just for the fun with my friends. 

On a related note, I've seen some new extreme sports such as slap fighting where the objective on the game is to slap your opponent as hard as possible to knock them out.

This gives a literal meaning to slapping the shit out of someone.

Their is nothing humans won't recreate just to make fun, money out of it. I don't find joy in this kind of event of 'slapping the hell out of your fellow to win the challenge, the sports game or challenge is weird to me, disgusting. 

12 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Their is nothing humans won't recreate just to make fun, money out of it. I don't find joy in this kind of event of 'slapping the hell out of your fellow to win the challenge, the sports game or challenge is weird to me, disgusting. 

It is bizarre - I mean it lacks any creativity. Unlike this:

This has to be the stupidest and simultaneously the most entertaining sport I've seen in a while. There was a guy literally doing Lui Kang bicycle kicks upside down. I'm just curious who comes up with these ideas for new sports.

2 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

It is bizarre - I mean it lacks any creativity. Unlike this:

This has to be the stupidest and simultaneously the most entertaining sport I've seen in a while. There was a guy literally doing Lui Kang bicycle kicks upside down. I'm just curious who comes up with these ideas for new sports.

Hmm, that's so ridiculous. I just don't know the brain behind this kind of weird sports game, they just don't have any job to do that is useful, but just to invent sports game that will cause so much pains to it's players. 

Just now, Justin11 said:

Hmm, that's so ridiculous. I just don't know the brain behind this kind of weird sports game, they just don't have any job to do that is useful, but just to invent sports game that will cause so much pains to it's players. 

I'm pretty sure those fighters will have so many long-term arm and shoulder injuries just because the arm and shoulder is being pulled in all kinds of unnatural directions by each fighter.