Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you play old editions of sports games?

Oh the def jam fighting games. I've been meaning to replay those games, as when they came out they were the shit. Fight for New York I think was the best one, I forget. Those are games that have aged well for their gameplay. They're still some of the best fighting/wrestling games out there. 

Also the first few SSX games were the best of their genre. The newer SSX was a total letdown compared to tricky or the others before it. 

12 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Oh the def jam fighting games. I've been meaning to replay those games, as when they came out they were the shit. Fight for New York I think was the best one, I forget. Those are games that have aged well for their gameplay. They're still some of the best fighting/wrestling games out there. 

Also the first few SSX games were the best of their genre. The newer SSX was a total letdown compared to tricky or the others before it. 

I have always enjoyed playing Street Fighter game franchise. I have purchased all of the game's release and I'm more likely going to purchase the 6th edition of the game when it's released. 

But I still playing the Street Fighter 4 even though I have Street Fighter 5. Maybe when the new one released, I'd stick more to the 5th and 6th release. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

I have always enjoyed playing Street Fighter game franchise. I have purchased all of the game's release and I'm more likely going to purchase the 6th edition of the game when it's released. 

But I still playing the Street Fighter 4 even though I have Street Fighter 5. Maybe when the new one released, I'd stick more to the 5th and 6th release. 

Street fighter and mortal Kombat are games I still play regardless of how old they are, the newer version  mortal Kombat 11 ultimate is good but I will still play mortal Kombat vs DC universe anyday.

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

Have you ever played the Def Jam fighting games? They're much different than the Street Fighter franchise, in that they're more wrestling than fighting, and the fights take a lot longer. If I remember correctly, you can lose via KO or pinfall. The game was so fun. Sometimes you could knock your opponent into the audience, and they will sometimes hold them for you to beat down on. 

These games were surprisingly really good and honestly no one really saw them coming. Plus with all the rappers in game, it made for game with great music and fun stories. Except, skip the last game in the series, Def Jam Icon. It's more like a fighting game, and it wasn't nearly as good as the other Def Jam games. 

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Have you ever played the Def Jam fighting games? They're much different than the Street Fighter franchise, in that they're more wrestling than fighting, and the fights take a lot longer. If I remember correctly, you can lose via KO or pinfall. The game was so fun. Sometimes you could knock your opponent into the audience, and they will sometimes hold them for you to beat down on. 

These games were surprisingly really good and honestly no one really saw them coming. Plus with all the rappers in game, it made for game with great music and fun stories. Except, skip the last game in the series, Def Jam Icon. It's more like a fighting game, and it wasn't nearly as good as the other Def Jam games. 

You're right about how good the older the Def Jam Fighting games were with the exception to the Def Jam Icon. My favourite of the game's franchise was Def Jam: Fight for NY which was also well rated on IMDb. It's one of the games that EA really did something good with.