Register Now
Justin11

Why do female athletes earn so low compared to what the male athletes earn on a weekly basis?

14 minutes ago, Clasher said:

It's not just big it's outrageous , imagine two individuals working in the same office doing exactly the same job but one is paid a million bucks and the other is paid just a few thousand and isn't even as celebrated as the other.

That's exactly the case  in football right now, female competition still fills up stadiums just like the female team of Barcelona filling up the 90,000 capacity camp nou.

They could do something about it but they just choose not to.

They just not too, which is so bias, and they're generating reasonable income from match tickets, yet the players are down paid. I wonder what they need to improve again for them to receive a pay rise from their low weekly wages. 

1 minute ago, Justin11 said:

They just not too, which is so bias, and they're generating reasonable income from match tickets, yet the players are down paid. I wonder what they need to improve again for them to receive a pay rise from their low weekly wages. 

Imagine the female world cup generating well above 800 millions but the first place winner was only given about 15 million.

For the male world cup the first place team is given well above 600 million as the prize money.

Imagine the difference this is total ripping off I must say.

4 minutes ago, Clasher said:

Imagine the female world cup generating well above 800 millions but the first place winner was only given about 15 million.

For the male world cup the first place team is given well above 600 million as the prize money.

Imagine the difference this is total ripping off I must say.

Total ripping off indeed, that's a perfect reason why I am standing on my point that, female football game is totally marginalized. They're being paid very less than what they're offering. 

3 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Total ripping off indeed, that's a perfect reason why I am standing on my point that, female football game is totally marginalized. They're being paid very less than what they're offering. 

Well, let's just give it some time as change usually takes a process to become substantial, I believe there is a much better future for female athletes all over the world.

9 minutes ago, Clasher said:

Well, let's just give it some time as change usually takes a process to become substantial, I believe there is a much better future for female athletes all over the world.

Nothing I can do bro, but to cross my hands and watch the football governing body ( FIFA ) do something about it and remedy the situation and bring equality in the game for both female and male footballers. 

Edited by Justin11

8 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Nothing I can do bro, but to cross my hands and watch the football governing body ( FIFA ) do something about it and remedy the situation and bring equality in the game for both female and male footballers. 

Equality is much needed atleast in terms of good wages and not paying them like you are compensating them for free services rendered.

4 minutes ago, Clasher said:

Equality is much needed atleast in terms of good wages and not paying them like you are compensating them for free services rendered.

Lol, those ladies aren't advertising their body, nor playing for fun, they're just in for the business just as the men are used mainly for the business. I hate it when two different people are doing same thing but one is underpaid, it doesn't make sense. 

4 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Lol, those ladies aren't advertising their body, nor playing for fun, they're just in for the business just as the men are used mainly for the business. I hate it when two different people are doing same thing but one is underpaid, it doesn't make sense. 

They are trying to earn an honest living with their talent , I know they are paid but not as much as they deserve and actually generate for the clubs.

3 minutes ago, Clasher said:

They are trying to earn an honest living with their talent , I know they are paid but not as much as they deserve and actually generate for the clubs.

Even if what they're been paid is enough for a decent living for some of them, but that's not proper for their calibre. They deserve more, because they are given their all in the football pitch just like the male footballers. 

Just now, Justin11 said:

Even if what they're been paid is enough for a decent living for some of them, but that's not proper for their calibre. They deserve more, because they are given their all in the football pitch just like the male footballers. 

Soccer is already known to be a high income earning sport, you are not there to get a "decent living" but to be paid a really attractive sum to befit your status as a professional footballer in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Clasher said:

Soccer is already known to be a high income earning sport, you are not there to get a "decent living" but to be paid a really attractive sum to befit your status as a professional footballer in my opinion.

Yes, soccer is a high paying department, when you hear that a soccer player in Europe is earning below €10,000 weekly you'll get upset. Because when you compare the earnings to what other top players are earning you'll get upset to hear such. The men earn alot, the female should be paid enough too. 

10 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Yes, soccer is a high paying department, when you hear that a soccer player in Europe is earning below €10,000 weekly you'll get upset. Because when you compare the earnings to what other top players are earning you'll get upset to hear such. The men earn alot, the female should be paid enough too. 

The amount of money that the men earn is obscene.  Yet many of their female counterparts even ones playing for top teams don't even make enough to play full time.  Many actually have second jobs, it's absurd.

1 minute ago, Crazycrab said:

The amount of money that the men earn is obscene.  Yet many of their female counterparts even ones playing for top teams don't even make enough to play full time.  Many actually have second jobs, it's absurd.

A footballer having a second job in England is so awkward to my hearing, if that happens in Africa where football isn't as advanced as we have it in England I could even allow it.

This is something that everyone should be fighting against right now and those female players should be give the same recognition as their male counterparts.

45 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

That's the point I am insinuating, that's bizarre to learn how they're paid below par. Some of them should work outside football, because with what they earn from football alone, it might not sponsor their lifestyle the way they want.