Register Now
Smokey

Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst

Has anyone ever played PSOBB? it's an MMORPG from 2004, that now lives on through private servers as the official server by Sega was shut down in 2009 i believe.  I ran a private server of my own for about 7 years from 2010 to 2017.  Have you ever played this MMO classic? 

I have played PSOBB! The last time I played the game though was back in 2020 on the Xbox as they released the game on consoles a few years ago. As much as I love the game, I just haven't found the time to be able to jump on and play like I used to, mainly because I get so addicted to it when I do play and then everything else gets pushed to the side. I know at some point I will jump back on again, but it will be a time when I have more time to be able to get stuck in.

Aren't even the servers still going..? 

PSO can be had through emulation or private servers. I prefer the private servers though as they make it incredibly easy to get going and play online with others! There’s a few great servers like Schthack, Ephinea, and Ultima. If you want emulated I would recommend Dolphin’s emulator but you’ll need to obtain a copy of the game as a ROM.

Yes, there are plenty of PSOBB private servers up, all offering  semi different experiences. I would love to bring my server back at some point if I was able to keep it going financially, but  right now it doesn't seem feasible.