Register Now
Smokey

Xbox shouldn't have cancelled the backwards compatibility program.....

Am I the only one who misses the Xbox Backwards Compatibility program? I really wanted them to put more games out on the service and I really think they  missed some great titles such as Tenchu Z that should've definitely been on the service. It's a shame they had to close it, because even for Series S owners it was a great way to relive some classics. What do you think?

I was disappointed when I heard the news they weren't supporting it anymore. Which sucks, because I would have liked to play and maybe even stream some of the old classics. And it would have made it easy to do if they released them on Xbox one and series x/s. 

Maybe they will revisit it. What would be awesome is if they allowed use of an emulator that would let us play the discs on current consoles. I bet they could make it work. It would be so cool if they made it work somehow. 

Yes, I was very disappointed when they announced they were cancelling the backwards compatibility program. So many people including I always hoped that maybe one day we would see Simpson Hit and Run and Simpsons Road Rage come to Xbox under the backwards compatibility program but unfortunately, we were disappointed when they cancelled any further plans to keep it going. I would have loved to see both of those games come back to Xbox again.

On 12/2/2022 at 7:37 PM, Shortie said:

Yes, I was very disappointed when they announced they were cancelling the backwards compatibility program. So many people including I always hoped that maybe one day we would see Simpson Hit and Run and Simpsons Road Rage come to Xbox under the backwards compatibility program but unfortunately, we were disappointed when they cancelled any further plans to keep it going. I would have loved to see both of those games come back to Xbox again.

Yeah, same. I also wanted a few newer titles from the 360 back on it like Tenchu Z, John Woo's Stranglehold, to name a few.  Really upsetting they stopped supporting it.

13 hours ago, Smokey said:

Yeah, same. I also wanted a few newer titles from the 360 back on it like Tenchu Z, John Woo's Stranglehold, to name a few.  Really upsetting they stopped supporting it.

Yeah I was hoping for a lot of games to make the cut, but licensing was a big hurdle that some just didn't want to deal with. I wish they'd finally make a new Tenchu. I remember enjoying Tenchu Z a bit, but wanted them to continue the franchise. I guess the recent Sekiro was conceived originally as a new Tenchu, so in a way it's still around. :)

I remember Stranglehold, got near the end, but couldn't beat one of the bosses so quit lol. 

34 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah I was hoping for a lot of games to make the cut, but licensing was a big hurdle that some just didn't want to deal with. I wish they'd finally make a new Tenchu. I remember enjoying Tenchu Z a bit, but wanted them to continue the franchise. I guess the recent Sekiro was conceived originally as a new Tenchu, so in a way it's still around. 🙂

I remember Stranglehold, got near the end, but couldn't beat one of the bosses so quit lol. 

Yeah man, Stranglehold was so good. I might re-purchase it on GoG at some point.  I really want a proper new Tenchu game. Sekiro was close, but still didn't really scratch that Tenchu itch for me.  I'm still hopeful for a remake of the original 2 games tbh. 

4 hours ago, Smokey said:

Yeah man, Stranglehold was so good. I might re-purchase it on GoG at some point.  I really want a proper new Tenchu game. Sekiro was close, but still didn't really scratch that Tenchu itch for me.  I'm still hopeful for a remake of the original 2 games tbh. 

Yeah I enjoyed the destructiveness of the game. Surprising ahead of its time imo. But that boss battle I stopped at made me mad haha. I'm pretty sure I still have a save file, but it's that boss battle and idk I if I can put myself through that again lol. 

Same here. I haven't played Sekiro, but it did remind me of the rooftop moments of Tenchu. I remember playing the original Tenchu on PS1 back in the day, and having a blast jumping onto roofs and jumping on enemies. But I always sucked at these games lol. 

On 12/6/2022 at 4:20 PM, Kane99 said:

Yeah I enjoyed the destructiveness of the game. Surprising ahead of its time imo. But that boss battle I stopped at made me mad haha. I'm pretty sure I still have a save file, but it's that boss battle and idk I if I can put myself through that again lol. 

Same here. I haven't played Sekiro, but it did remind me of the rooftop moments of Tenchu. I remember playing the original Tenchu on PS1 back in the day, and having a blast jumping onto roofs and jumping on enemies. But I always sucked at these games lol. 

Yeah.  Stranglehold is on sale at GoG for like $2.50 now. I might pick it up so I have access to it, as recently i lost my PS3 and 360 collection and with it, my collector's edition copy of Stranglehold.