Register Now
Smokey

Elgato vs Avermedia?

When it comes to streaming or gaming peripherals such as capture devices or other things, which brand do you prefer? Elgato or Avermedia?  I've had some bad luck with Elgato so right now i'm using an Avermedia Capture device on my Xbox Series X, however, I would like to upgrade to something better from them in the near future, something that enables me to get HDR10 back on my console.  Which brand do you prefer? Elgato or Avermedia?

At the moment I have an Elgato stream deck, Elgato HD60S and an Elgato Wave 3 all of which are serving me well and I have had no issues with that weren't an easy fix to be honest. My capture card I have had since around 2018 and the same with my stream deck and both are still working perfectly fine. My Wave 3 is something I got a few months ago but so far I am really happy with it and don't have any issue with it.

I am interested to see how Avermedia fairs against Elgato though so if there ever was a time that I needed to replace my capture card, I probably would go with Avermedia. 

On 12/9/2022 at 6:25 AM, Shortie said:

At the moment I have an Elgato stream deck, Elgato HD60S and an Elgato Wave 3 all of which are serving me well and I have had no issues with that weren't an easy fix to be honest. My capture card I have had since around 2018 and the same with my stream deck and both are still working perfectly fine. My Wave 3 is something I got a few months ago but so far I am really happy with it and don't have any issue with it.

I am interested to see how Avermedia fairs against Elgato though so if there ever was a time that I needed to replace my capture card, I probably would go with Avermedia. 

To be honest, I've had issues with elgato in the past, not so much the case with Avermedia. I find them to be a bit better, but that's just me. I do like the idea of the Wave 3 and Stream Deck though, I think Avermedia has a stream deck competitor as well but i'm not 100% sure on that, although I vaguely remember seeing something on twitter about it. 

Choosing between these two capture cards will come down to a few little differences. What kind of performance do you expect in the games that you are streaming, is it 60 fps or under 60 fps. Also what your have regards to what system that you have. The Live gamer ultra has better latency than Elgato, but it is not noticeable when you stream on twitch. All in all I would go with Elgato as they are growing and getting better