Register Now
Shortie

Would you like to see 1 vs 100 back on Xbox?

I remember back when I used to play on Xbox 360, there was a game called 1 vs 100 and I used to play that so much when it was popular and it just seemed to phase out. You go up against 100 other players answering questions and try to be the last one standing at the end. It was a lot of fun and very popular at the time but now I never heard anything about it. I did hear that Phil Spencer himself would love to see 1 vs 100 back on Xbox and he is hoping to make it happen but we haven't heard anything yet.

Do you remember 1 vs 100 on the Xbox and did you ever play it? Would you like to see it back on the newer generation of consoles?

1 vs 100 was great. It was one of those new things they were trying at the time, and it gave many people a chance to win real prizes. The cool thing about it, was that 1 person would randomly be chosen to be the 1 who versus the 100. I never got picked, but it was still a fun trivia game to play. 

I wish they would have brought it back already. There was rumors they were bringing it back at some point, but so far it's hasn't come to fruition yet. 

It would be nice if Xbox tried to replicate this by doing more live game events. Could be a fun way to drum up activity on your platforms. 

On 12/27/2022 at 11:02 PM, Kane99 said:

1 vs 100 was great. It was one of those new things they were trying at the time, and it gave many people a chance to win real prizes. The cool thing about it, was that 1 person would randomly be chosen to be the 1 who versus the 100. I never got picked, but it was still a fun trivia game to play. 

I wish they would have brought it back already. There was rumors they were bringing it back at some point, but so far it's hasn't come to fruition yet. 

It would be nice if Xbox tried to replicate this by doing more live game events. Could be a fun way to drum up activity on your platforms. 

I agree. From what I have read, Phil Spencer does seem to be quite eager to want to bring it back and usually when he gets an idea in his head, he will always attempt to make it a reality so even though this hasn't happened yet, we may see it some time in the future hopefully. Something to get the whole Xbox community together would be amazing though for real prizes as well. Fingers crossed we see something as it would be amazing! 

And it's not like they have to do just 1 Vs 100, they could implement all kinds of game show ideas. I thought that was their initial plan with 1 vs 100, was a test to see how these types of gaming events can work. 

I wonder how you could make it special these days, isn't there a phone game that was similar that was very popular? These days I would find it hard to believe people wouldn't optimize the hell out of cheating too.

Something like a 1v100 but Family Feud could be interesting because its all random surveys.

On 1/10/2023 at 12:05 PM, Empire said:

I wonder how you could make it special these days, isn't there a phone game that was similar that was very popular? These days I would find it hard to believe people wouldn't optimize the hell out of cheating too.

Something like a 1v100 but Family Feud could be interesting because its all random surveys.

That would be interesting. We have something similar over here in the UK called Family Fortunes and again, it's random surveys that are used for the game. Something like that would be awesome to be involved with and with it being random surveys, that is one way to combat any kind of cheating as well keeping the game fun and interesting.

On 1/10/2023 at 7:05 AM, Empire said:

Not sure, but I am aware of party games that utilize smartphones to play along. So not everyone needs to have a console or PC in order to play, just a compatible smartphone. 

I think there are phone games where you can challenge people for prizes. There was a game show I saw on mobile a couple years ago, where you could join a gameshow live and if you're smart enough and answer all the questions you might land in the game and could win prizes. I only played once, but gave up pretty fast. 

13 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I think there are phone games where you can challenge people for prizes. There was a game show I saw on mobile a couple years ago, where you could join a gameshow live and if you're smart enough and answer all the questions you might land in the game and could win prizes. I only played once, but gave up pretty fast. 

Anything can be done if the devs willing to do it. Some time ago I played a TV based show on my older phone that was called Deal Or No Deal and that was fun while it last. Even though it was not a app based. All you do is pick and open the box 😛 can't be hard to do and win big. Gotta be a free game at the time when it was around. 

It also doesn't even have to be 1 vs 100. They could try other game show style formats, and maybe expand to other styles like You don't know Jack games. They could do Who wants to be a Millionaire, wheel of fortune, jeopardy and more. Even with real cash prizes and other prizes for participating. 

They would of course need to license it, but I'm sure they could work something out with these game shows and others. 

Yes! I loved that game. I played it all the time and it'd be cool to see it back someday. I don't feel it'd happen ever, but I'd be excited if they did. As said above, perhaps try different formats or features too. 

12 minutes ago, Kale said:

Yes! I loved that game. I played it all the time and it'd be cool to see it back someday. I don't feel it'd happen ever, but I'd be excited if they did. As said above, perhaps try different formats or features too. 

Yeah, they could do so many different types of games and events if they wanted to. Don't know why they haven't jumped at the opportunity yet. Maybe it's because Microsoft and Xbox are lazy these days and rarely make exclusives of their own anymore. 

6 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah, they could do so many different types of games and events if they wanted to. Don't know why they haven't jumped at the opportunity yet. Maybe it's because Microsoft and Xbox are lazy these days and rarely make exclusives of their own anymore. 

I am surprised too. I know it could be a licensing issue too perhaps, and they may not want to bother with it. I'd even be happy if a game company just did their own take on it and released it on Xbox, PC, and other consoles.