Register Now
aerodynamik

Travel destinations and recommendations

There are so many places to travel to and it depends on what you are in the mood for that year. Scenery, sports, culture, relax, explore. It is interesting to find out where people want to go. Cost is always a factor. Let’s say it isn’t for this topic. I have a dream vacation I thought about and I remember mapping it out in a travel forum a long time ago. It is starting in southern France, and work your way through Switzerland and northern Italy, through Austria and into Germany to cruise the Rhine that is lined with castles. I had it planned at one point. I saved money for it but wasn’t a destiny. I still think that would be a brilliant vacation

I actually did go on a perfect vacation some years ago. This was 22 days in all. I flew from USA to Paris and stayed a couple nights; took a budget airline to Rome where I had a tour guide for the next two weeks. We went from Rome to Florence to the border of Italy and Switzerland at Lake Maggiore area, on to Venice, down through Umbria to village of Assisi, down to Pompeii, and on south to Sorrento. I continued after my guide on down the Amalfi Coast. Drove back to Rome, took budget airline back to Paris to conclude my best experience of a piece of the world. It was a vacation of my own life time. 

You can try the Caribbean. I've been down there 3 times, and have visited every island except Cuba. I might recommend not going to Grand Cayman if it's summer. The heat down there is crippling. You can take a cruise like we did, do some shore excursions, and just try to have a good time. Just stay away from Princess cruises. That was the last one I went on, and one of the stewards sexually assaulted me. So be careful if you take a cruise. I'll never take another one for that one reason.

Let's see - Thailand's pretty nice, Portugal especially Madeira island is also very beautiful but the runway is pretty windy and the landing will give you heart attacks. Cuba is nice except it tends to have a lot of old vehicles on the road but the people are very friendly and welcoming.

On 1/11/2023 at 6:08 PM, killamch89 said:

Let's see - Thailand's pretty nice, Portugal especially Madeira island is also very beautiful but the runway is pretty windy and the landing will give you heart attacks. Cuba is nice except it tends to have a lot of old vehicles on the road but the people are very friendly and welcoming.

If you're not American that is. While we're now allowed to visit Cuba, the tension is still ridiculously high.

On 1/16/2023 at 10:43 AM, The Blackangel said:

If you're not American that is. While we're now allowed to visit Cuba, the tension is still ridiculously high.

I've seen Americans in Cuba, some who go there all the time but I haven't really seen any tension. It's just that they'll try to rip off Americans because they tend to think you lot are rich (seen this almost everywhere I go).