Register Now
Kane99

Is it time for Xbox to get a VR headset of their own?

Microsoft has been working on a VR headset for a while now, yet nothing new has come of it in recent memory. Do you think that Xbox players will ever get their own VR headset to enjoy? Or maybe even support for current VR headsets at the very least? I don't see why they couldn't add support for current gen VR headsets to work on the Series X/S at least. If the PS4/PS5 can do VR with their own headsets, I'm sure the new Xbox consoles can work with current VR headsets like the Oculus Quest 2, Vive, and whatever other ones out there. 

At this point, they should really try to jump into the VR game, or support other VR headsets if they don't plan on doing it themselves anytime soon. 

I would love to see Xbox jump in with their own VR headset. As you say, other companies like Sony have done it so Microsoft and Xbox definitely have the possibility to do so. Maybe they feel it's not time yet for them either with releasing it or with it just being ready for release. I know Phil Spencer likes to make sure things are ready to go without issues when they make new releases or new announcements and it could be that even though they have something, he doesn't feel it is ready yet enough to be announced. I hope we hear something soon but it will be when people least expect it. 

The thing is, VR sets have an incredibly high return rate. There are genuine flaws with the hardware or people have buyer's remorse because or whatever. With the first PSVR, even, there was a HUGE amount of variation from one LED panel to the next so some people were just cycling through many trying to find ones with acceptably low levels of OLED mora.