Register Now
Kane99

Games Archivist Dumps Over 11GB Data Of Canceled Games And Concept Arts

This is really cool. A games archivist nicknamed VGDensetsu has released 11GB of content that shows data on cancelled games, like screenshots, video previews, articles, cancelled games, and so on. He's been collecting this info for over 10 years now. Users have found details about Half-Life 2: Episode 3 and a Streets of Rage remake. Like in development images of Half-Life 2: EP3. 

If you'd like to comb through the info yourself, you can download a RAR/Torrent of it on the Internet Archive here - https://archive.org/details/archive_202301

As well, read more about this story here - https://exputer.com/news/industry/games-archivist-canceled-games-arts/

On 1/12/2023 at 7:18 AM, Empire said:

I wonder if this stuff is still protected intellectual property. Any chance we'll see a fanmade mod based on what was leaked on the canceled Half Life 2 Episode 3 game without it getting shut down by Valve?

Who knows?! It could possibly be made but you'd have to pitch your idea to a Modder and see if they'd be interested.

On 1/12/2023 at 7:18 AM, Empire said:

I wonder if this stuff is still protected intellectual property. Any chance we'll see a fanmade mod based on what was leaked on the canceled Half Life 2 Episode 3 game without it getting shut down by Valve?

I doubt it. From what I hear, is that they only have concept images and such, I don't think they have any graphical builds in the mix. If they did I imagine this whole file would have been a bit bigger than 11gigs. 

Check it out though, maybe there's some stuff in there that hasn't been posted about yet.