Register Now
Kane99

When do you think we'll see the very first game made via AI?

6 minutes ago, Bizdustry said:

Problem with AI is that video game developers will no longer have jobs. That means, all of the students who took out loans for college and university to study video game development have wasted 10,000's of dollars, when AI can write the code for you now. I think this would also bring the price of video games in the industry down as after the first release it's like the domino effect. 

This is something I have worried about seeing happen now that AI is getting more clever. Game developers will almost definitely lose their jobs because it will be cheaper to use AI to write code over hiring someone to do it. 

I would like to say it is a long time coming before we do see that but seeing how fast AI progresses, it may be less time than we think. 

It is difficult to predict an exact timeframe, but considering the rapid advancements in AI technology, it is plausible to see the first game made entirely by AI within the next decade. It has the potential to work as a game, as AI algorithms are becoming more advanced and capable of generating content. While it is possible that an AI could draw inspiration from existing games and utilize coding techniques from them, it would also have the ability to generate entirely new concepts and mechanics.

Edited by Debashis

I'm sure AI will assist in storyline for quite some time before using it for the graphics. They may get ideas for their graphics though as well because as humans we run out of ideas I feel like. Do you think they'd advertise if they used AI? I bet not. It'll be interesting to see the use over the years though! 

If we ever see it, and I honestly hope we don't, it will be an awfully long time. AI creating artwork, music and even stories is one thing, but video games too complex. Most game developers can barely get AI in games to behave in a natural, logical manner, what chance has an AI got to program that properly?