Register Now
killamch89

Square Enix's NFT-Obsessed CEO Gets Replaced After String Of Underperforming Game Releases

Honestly, I don't even have to say anything else about Square Enix at the moment other than it took them long enough! At the moment, Square Enix needs to get back to its roots and put out quality games instead of these generic crap like Marvel's Avengers among others. I personally think Square Enix has a lot of work to do in order to regain the trust of its customers. What's your thoughts on them replacing their CEO?

I mean if he was enthusiastic about a new business prospect on day 1, I can understand that there's a certain level of ambiguity and uncertainty of whether or not it will succeed. The issue is that 2 year's later after this prospect has gone under, he still held the same level of enthusiasm for it as he had on day 1. It's pretty obvious that he'd pull the whole company under with him if he kept going.

Square Enix needs to stop focussing on money making schemes like NFTs and live service BS, because it's not making them money. Avengers was a massive flop, and it was because they tried to push the live service system on us. And I think NFTs are going to go in that same direction, where it'll be about buying junk in game with your NFT money or something. 

Here's an idea Square Enix and any other company making games, stop with the NFTs and pushing live service games where the game doesn't have anything going for it to begin with. Or it's a chore or grind to get anything done. That's not fun. 

But, it's a good start firing CEOs and others in power who push dumb ideas like this. 

On 3/10/2023 at 1:24 PM, Kane99 said:

Square Enix needs to stop focussing on money making schemes like NFTs and live service BS, because it's not making them money. Avengers was a massive flop, and it was because they tried to push the live service system on us. And I think NFTs are going to go in that same direction, where it'll be about buying junk in game with your NFT money or something. 

Here's an idea Square Enix and any other company making games, stop with the NFTs and pushing live service games where the game doesn't have anything going for it to begin with. Or it's a chore or grind to get anything done. That's not fun. 

But, it's a good start firing CEOs and others in power who push dumb ideas like this. 

The problem is that Square Enix are still pushing forward with their NFTs policy even after Forspoken flopped. As a matter of fact, the studio that was responsible for developing and maintaining this game has been closed down by Square Enix one month after the launch of Forspoken.

and