Register Now
killamch89

Pokemon Scarlet Violet Bug Is Wiping Saves With Hundreds Of Hours & Players Aren't Happy

If you were an early Cyberpunk 2077 player, hearing about a bug like this would give you PTSD. Of course players aren't happy - what's the point of playing a game if a bug could potentially wipe your save? I'm glad I didn't buy any of these Pokemon games for my Switch because I'd be absolutely pissed that I'd spend so much money for such a bug-ridden experience. What are your thoughts about this Pokemon news?

This kind of bug is inexcusable, especially after the game has been patched several times. It should have been caught in beta (if beta testing even exists anymore). Like you, I'm glad I didn't buy either of these games. After how poorly Scarlet, Violet, and the Diamond and Pearl remakes turned out, I'll be very careful about buying any pokemon games in the future.

There's no excuse about not having cloud saves because "there might be cheating" because there's numerous examples of people using hacked pokemon in VGC worlds championships and it's easy to spot, pokeballs that are impossible to get with a certain set (cherish balls on pokemon not with cherish balls, old event Pokemon with newer pokeballs, etc.) And they've never done anything about it.

Oof, this is not good. I am not a Pokemon player, but this kind of thing can result in players being reimbursed. Especially if it results in hours and hours of saves being lost with no chance of getting them back. 

It reminds me of the time I got a PS2 demo disc from PlayStation Underground. This disc had a demo for Viewfitul Joe. When playing this demo, it actually deletes all of your saves files on any memory card connected to the console. I had one card on there and lost my save for GTA San Andreas and a few other games. I was very far in GTA SA and was pissed off when I found out what happened. 

I heard a while later that the issue was well known and Sony was offering free copies of one of the Sly Cooper games to make up for it. Sadly I didn't call them in time to take them up on the deal. But I can see Nintendo offering a free game for the mistake, especially if the save files are unrecoverable. Which is dumb at this point, all games should have cloud saves as a backup at this point, or the saves should be held on their servers. 

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Oof, this is not good. I am not a Pokemon player, but this kind of thing can result in players being reimbursed. Especially if it results in hours and hours of saves being lost with no chance of getting them back. 

It reminds me of the time I got a PS2 demo disc from PlayStation Underground. This disc had a demo for Viewfitul Joe. When playing this demo, it actually deletes all of your saves files on any memory card connected to the console. I had one card on there and lost my save for GTA San Andreas and a few other games. I was very far in GTA SA and was pissed off when I found out what happened. 

I heard a while later that the issue was well known and Sony was offering free copies of one of the Sly Cooper games to make up for it. Sadly I didn't call them in time to take them up on the deal. But I can see Nintendo offering a free game for the mistake, especially if the save files are unrecoverable. Which is dumb at this point, all games should have cloud saves as a backup at this point, or the saves should be held on their servers. 

We don't even have to go that far back, remember that when Cyberpunk 2077 had come out, there was a bug that would wipe your saved file but I didn't remember what triggered it. We had discussed it and I told you guys that until it's fixed, I'm not going to be playing that game and I didn't until it was patched. To lose your save file like that is absolutely frustrating and there's no way to recover. I agree that there should be some kind of backup cloud save just in case something like this happens.