Register Now
killamch89

Asus Rog Ally - A Handheld Gaming Device That Is Affordable Enough To Compete With The Steam Deck

From leaks, it's priced $50 more than the 512 GB Steam Deck with way more features and is more powerful. Granted, there are others that are more powerful than the Steam Deck as well but they costs $1000 up which is ridiculous. I'll be looking forward to the reviews of this device because if it delivers on most of what it promises, Valve will have to really up their game. What are your thoughts on this device?

I feel this device is priced competitively and offers a significant upgrade in terms of features and power compared to the Steam Deck. Looking at the reviews it seems like the ROG Ally is a competent device with impressive performance, a high-quality display, responsive controls, and quiet cooling. However, its software, particularly Windows 11 on a 7-inch touchscreen, is clumsy and frustrating, and the battery life is limiting. As a niche product, it caters to PC gamers who need a portable gaming solution but requires improvements in software and battery life for broader appeal.

I think this looks better that the Steam Deck and will perform better. I must disagree with @Debashis, I see windows 11 as an advantage over the simi-skimmed Linux that is Steam OS. And that armoury care system that can group together you games from multiple accounts rather than it turning playing games from EGS, GOG into something to feel guilty about is joy. Yes, I know it possible to add games from other launchers or even games that are individual installs into your Steam library, but it's a pain in the ass to so in part because the game itself to be instilled with a findable .exe file. This is just a far more user friendly solution.