Register Now
Shagger

Redfall, more like Redfail!

Being on Gamepass, I was going to give this a try, by the critic reviews were worrying enough, and now that people have got thier hands on it, on my god, it's even worse than I though. Check this one out from Skill Up on YouTube .

I haven't played this yet, and likely now won't bother, but from what I've seen here and in other videos, it's clear we not dealing with something like Jedi Survivor or The Last of Us Part I on PC, those games are bad because they're buggy and poor technically. What we're dealing with here is a really bad game, that's also buggy and poor technically. At least when Jedi Survivor or The Last of Us Part I on PC get fixed, people will end up with a good game. And normally, that's the right thing for a developer to do. Forget about DLC or the next game, get this one fixed first.

However, with this I feel there's no hope. He said as much in the review, and I agree, there is no amount of patches that can bring this botched experiment of a game to point whare it wouldn't be cruel to keep it alive. Just mercy kill it. Refund the poor saps who actually bought it, pull it from sale, pull it from gamepass, drive a wooden stake through it's heart and bury it in an unmarked, soggy ditch in the middle of nowhere and forget about it. Forget about any long term plans to support the game and add patches and new content, or whatever it was you had planned. Let it die, take the loss with dignity, and move on to whatever you have coming next as I'm certain that's whare the efforts of good developer like Arcane are better spent. Again, I haven't played, so take my word for anything. Check out the video above as well as ACG;

Angry Joe;

And whatever other sources you trust, and the message is clear. Avoid Redfall, even as a gamepass subscriber.

Edited by Shagger

I'm really bummed out by this, I was actually really looking forward to this game. I guess I should have seen the writing on the wall when they first announced that there would be no shared progress multiplayer (me and a friend of mine had been looking forward to playing together), and then announced that it would be capped at 30fps on the Series X at launch. Honestly, for a game to come out in 2023 on current gen hardware and only run at 30fps is a complete deal breaker for me. I will tolerate it for games like Tears of The Kingdom because at this point the Switch is basically a phone with controllers strapped to it, but not on the Series X or PS5. 

Since it's on gamepass I will probably still give this game a go when/if they release the 60fps patch just to experience the train wreck for myself.

I'm glad it failed because these idiots really had a single-player mode where the game had to be connected to the internet. Really? I hope other gaming companies will just stop with this stupid crap. Bethesda proving once again that without their modding community are terrible developers.

On 5/9/2023 at 6:45 PM, killamch89 said:

I'm glad it failed because these idiots really had a single-player mode where the game had to be connected to the internet. Really? I hope other gaming companies will just stop with this stupid crap. Bethesda proving once again that without their modding community are terrible developers.

Actually, the game was developed by Arcane Studios, the same developer behind Deathloop and the Dishonoured series, not Bethesda. Bethesda (and I suppose Xbox now that they own Bethesda since they bought ZeniMax) were merely the publisher. It's not like the publisher is devoid of responsibility for this disaster, but it is important to understand these various companies roles in this.

On 5/12/2023 at 10:20 AM, Shagger said:

Actually, the game was developed by Arcane Studios, the same developer behind Deathloop and the Dishonoured series, not Bethesda. Bethesda (and I suppose Xbox now that they own Bethesda since they bought ZeniMax) were merely the publisher. It's not like the publisher is devoid of responsibility for this disaster, but it is important to understand these various companies roles in this.

Thanks for the clarification - Microsoft needs to be a bit more hands-on with companies they buy because this is crap they'll get for just leaving these companies to do their own thing...

It was a shame that this game ended up being such a flop if I am honest. So many were excited for this release and it coming to Game Pass as well meant it was so much easier for others to be able to play it as well without it making a huge hole in their finances. 

Unfortunately, I feel we are seeing this a lot and it is laziness in some cases from the developer which never does them any favours.