Register Now
The Blackangel

Games that just stop.

Have any of you ever played a game that had no ending, but instead just stopped? For example, I have a DDL on my Switch that’s called Goblin Sword. It’s designed in the same graphical style of what you would see on the Sega Genesis. But it has no ending. It goes through several different areas like the forest and a castle. Each area has a miniboss that you have to beat to unlock the next area. But there is no boss match that would be the climax to the game. It just stops. There is no objective to anything you do since there’s literally no ending. It’s like going for a walk and you just stop walking and stand there doing nothing.

I’ve played a lot of games in my time, but when I find one that pulls this kind of shit, I end up pissed off because I actually spent money on a game that must have been abandoned by the devs but released anyway.

🤬🤬🤬🤬

I'd say, Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic II - this is a prime example. The first game was an absolute masterclass and what did Lucas Arts do? just absolutely destroy the franchise with one of the most nonsensical endings I've ever seen in a videogame.

I can't say that I have played a game like that myself where the game wasn't fully finished and had no ending but I have heard other complaining about it in the past with games. 

It's pretty harsh when you end up paying for a game, excited to play it and then you find out it was never finished and most of the time, you can't even get your money back either. 

It should not be something that is allowed at all when it comes to releasing a game, if it's not finished, don't release it and take peoples money. 

On 5/12/2023 at 11:32 AM, Shortie said:

I can't say that I have played a game like that myself where the game wasn't fully finished and had no ending but I have heard other complaining about it in the past with games. 

It's pretty harsh when you end up paying for a game, excited to play it and then you find out it was never finished and most of the time, you can't even get your money back either. 

It should not be something that is allowed at all when it comes to releasing a game, if it's not finished, don't release it and take peoples money. 

Shouldn't be allowed by principle and laws should be in place to prevent this kind of thing but the gaming industry's lack of regulation means companies can get away with a lot of devious practices.

On 5/23/2023 at 6:43 PM, killamch89 said:

Shouldn't be allowed by principle and laws should be in place to prevent this kind of thing but the gaming industry's lack of regulation means companies can get away with a lot of devious practices.

I agree and it is a shame that there are not more laws and as you say regulations in place to help prevent this happening when it comes to game developer companies. 

I guess it' a good thing we don't tend to see it often but for the times it does happen, it is not something you want to realize after making the purchase and enjoying the game. I don't see anything changing anytime soon though to prevent it.