Register Now
The Blackangel

Horizon Zero Dawn

I picked this up yesterday, and want to get some reviews of it before I begin playing it. My PS5 came with Horizon Forbidden West preinstalled, and everyone said I should play Zero Dawn first. So I'm wanting to get a bit of info and opinions so I don't go in totally blind.

What do you all know and think?

It's an excellent game and you are in for a treat. The game only saves automatically when you begin a new quest so you definitely want to make sure you save frequently at the campsites spread around the map. The campsite is the only way to either quick save or manually save. If you don't save frequently, you can lose some work you put in if you die. The rest on how you want to fight is up to you. Some machines have vulnerabilities and parts on their body are weaker to certain elements. Use your ear focus ability to pin point their parts. Plus your menu has a description of the machines you discover. You can pick up modifications to enhance your gear from downed machines. Once you place a modification on a piece of gear, you can't take it off unless you use your experience points to unlock the skill to be able to switch around your modifications to different gear. It's no biggie really, just a heads up. Every merchant you come across where you buy and sell good, they all offer a free chest you can open so don't forget to get your free chest from every merchant. Look for items you need to upgrade your carry capacity for resources and modifications. You will be stuck walking slow if you don't. Just do your thing and enjoy. Play on normal mode. You can always change it whenever. You also have the photo mode from your pause button menu. 

I personally would recommend playing the first game first and then the second game. I know this thread is a month old, but hopefully this will help other people that are looking for the same answer.

Both games are amazing, and I am glad that I played the first game first, since there are references to the first game in the second game.