Register Now
Shortie

Where do you feel gaming will be in the future?

We have seen video games and gaming in general come so far in terms of technology and how much better they now look and also what we can do in games as well. When I think back to how far we have come, it seems to be moving quite fast and technology is moving faster than we may actually notice.

Let's say we look forward to 10 years time. Where do you think gaming will be then? 

Good question. Nobody can really predict the future. Artificial intelligence has already left an mark on the gaming industry. As we look ahead, there is immense potential for AI to further elevate gaming experiences, cater to specific individual player needs, and even generate game worlds from a simple request, like we see when using ChatGPT or another AI writing assistant. Of course AI wouldn't replace the human experience, but part of me deep down thinks we are already living in a simulation and everything we are seeing around us is the simulation evolving. 

The graphics are definitely going to be even more realistic than they already are. If you see how AI can generate images to make them look real, I suspect games will look so good you couldn't tell if it was a screenshot of a game or a picture that someone took. VR will be in more households as the technology to make VR headsets will be much cheaper to make so it'll be more affordable for people.

In 10 years, gaming will likely be more immersive with advancements in virtual reality and augmented reality. There will be further integration of cloud gaming, AI-driven gameplay, and seamless cross-platform experiences. Esports will continue to grow in popularity, and gaming will become even more accessible and mainstream.

On 10/7/2023 at 3:20 PM, Debashis said:

In 10 years, gaming will likely be more immersive with advancements in virtual reality and augmented reality. There will be further integration of cloud gaming, AI-driven gameplay, and seamless cross-platform experiences. Esports will continue to grow in popularity, and gaming will become even more accessible and mainstream.

Seeing how far gaming has come over the last 10 years, I can firmly believe a lot of this we should expect to see in 10 years time. Not going to lie, I am excited to see just how far gaming has gotten in 10 years time, will be interesting to see and look back to now.