Register Now
Shortie

Do you remember how old you were when you played your first video game?

Something I always remember is how old I was when I played my first ever video game and I am sure many others will be the same in remembering the first ever video game they played as well. 

I can always remember it being on the Atari as my dad was the one who introduced me and my brothers to video games but I can never remember the game I played at the time. 

Do you remember how old you were when you played your first video game? 

About 5 or 6. My family was living in what we call a counsil home at the time (For those outside the UK, it's basically a property owned buy the government that consul Tennant's rent from the local authorities.), but the counsil houses were being renovated. Because of the work, we were rehoused in something akin a trailer home for number of weeks until the renovation was complete. I always rembered that because that time we spent in that tempory home was over Christmas that year. One of our presents was a Atari. I can't remer if it was a 7800 or 2600 Junior (The consoles are very similar in appearance), but I was playing 2600 games on it. More specifically, a 32 in 1 mulicart featuring a lot of 2600 classics. Even by the standards of the day the games were primitive, but they were fun.

I was 4 years old when I first played a video game. My cousins brought over their Sega Genesis to my grandparents' house and one of my cousins convinced me to play Sonic the Hedgehog. I was hesitant at first, but then I grabbed the controller and started playing the game. I was instantly hooked and I remember I couldn't beat the first act of Green Hill Zone for the longest time. That's when my other cousins told me the level select cheat code, and I put it in and tried to beat Scrap Brain Zone. Shortly after I played Sonic, I played my dad's old Sears Pong console. He gave it to a friend shortly after I started playing video games though... I wish he held on to it. 😕