Register Now
Smokey

Microsoft officially owns Activision/Blizzard/King.

This past Friday. the acquisition deal between Microsoft & Activision/Blizzard/King has gone through and now Microsoft owns ActiBlizzKing.  This is pretty cool because now we'll have parody in games like Call of Duty. No more exclusive content or early betas for Playstation probably starting in 2024. 

What do you think about the acquisition? I'm excited for it. Call of Duty on Game Pass means it'll save me a lot of money starting next year 🙂 I'm also hoping to see them bring WoW subscriptions into Game Pass Ultimate.    Here's the trailer from Xbox:

[url=https://www.theverge.com/2023/10/13/23791235/microsoft-activision-blizzard-acquisition-complete-finalized]Source - TheVerge[/url]

I personally don't like the deal. It's just natural for me to be against large corporations buying things up and reducing competition. But I trust CMA in UK and the FTC in USA made the purchase fair. I think the FTC has appealed the decision, but I don't think that's gonna go anywhere now once the deal gets under way. Bobby Kotick will stay at Activision till end of 2023, so maybe they can revamp the bad working conditions at Activision. 

I find it interesting that part of the deal to allow Microsoft's purchase go through was to allow Ubisoft access to cloud gaming for all Activision/Blizzard games plus any new games made for the next 15 years. That's a pretty big deal for Ubisoft. I guess I should say congrats to Ubisoft as a big winner in this. Microsoft also made a deal with Sony, which allows them to access all Call of Duty games only, for 10 years. 

I will admit, this is exciting times for sure for those who play Activision Blizzard games and it is going to be interesting to see what they offer in terms of games that may come to Game Pass. 

This is for sure great news though and one that I am sure many are happy about.