Register Now
Shortie

Have you been affected by the change made to Xbox for certain 3rd party controllers?

The last I heard anything about third party controllers was that certain ones would no longer work on Xbox when you plugged them in to use. We have one third party controller that we use at the moment which still seems to work but I know some will no longer work if the update went through like it was supposed to a few weeks ago. 

Have you been affected by the change made to third party controllers on Xbox?

I can't say I've been personally affected, but then again I only use brand controllers for my systems. From NES to PS5. The reason for that is because every time I've used a third party controller, even if they're brand new, they always either didn't work right from the start, or started fucking up shortly after buying them. Whereas the name brand controllers last a long time. I've also never had a name brand controller quit on me, except one time.

I don't doubt that Microsoft will do something like this, because third party electronics makes the target product lose money. Despite Microsoft being a multi billion dollar company, they're always reaching for that last nickel.

I feel that Microsoft may have saved a few people from themselves with this move, but also robbed people of a basic freedom. The freedom of choice.

Any benefit this has welded is nullified buy my certainty that they did this for the wrong reasons. Ever since the early days of what is concerned to be console gaming, console manufactures could have done this, but chose not to because it was a very anti-consumer option. Microsoft did this through greed. This is Thier strategy to sell more first party controllers, and that's that. I recently reviewed a third party controller I've been using on my PC... 

And, despite a couple of issues, I'm quite happy with it. Microsoft have already banned third party controllers on Xbox, so how long is it before they ban the same controllers, or at least end support of them, on Windows? They could literally do that tomorrow and nobody would be able to argue. This is fucked up, and no force on heaven, earth or hell can convince me otherwise.

This is a pure scum move.

I personally haven't been affected, but this sucks for those who saved money by purchasing third party controllers from places like Aliexpress or Wish. Yeah I know you can't really rely on cheap third party controllers from places like that, but if they work fine for someone then more power to them for saving money. I know this won't affect Power A stuff, or Hyperkin but I think it's a bad move by Microsoft.