Register Now
Kane99

Ever write in note sections of manuals?

Remember back in the day when we got manuals in our game cases? And remember when those manuals had note sections where you could put cheat codes or important hints? Did you ever write in these note sections in your manuals? I did for some games growing up, but when you become a collector, you don't write anything in the manuals. Even if a new game came out with a manual that had a note section, I wouldn't utilize it to write anything. 

Do you remember writing in your manuals? Did you ever regret doing it later? 

I remember doing that. Especially for games that had 30 character save codes to start back up from where you left off. That shit was insane. Legacy Of The Wizard was one of the worst offenders about that. I quickly ran out of space in the manual, so I had to start using notebook paper. The thing about that particular game is that you have to find 4 crowns to wake up a sleeping dragon so you can kill it. I've been playing it for over 35 years AND STILL ONLY FOUND ONE FUCKING CROWN.

I remember the manuals but I don't remember writing in them myself, I do remember my cousin writing in an Alex the Kidd one he had once on how to beat the Rock, Paper, Scissors mini game so that we could complete it. Most of the time the manuals just sat in the cases and that was where they stayed.

Yep I remember doing this with some of my Sega Genesis games, I remember writing down my fastest times in the competition mode in my Sonic 3 manual. I sadly no longer own that copy anymore, so I can't go back and look at it. I remember writing down some cheats here and there too.