Register Now
Kane99

Getting tired of all the Extraction Shooters?

There has been so many extraction shooters as of late. Games like The Division 1 & 2, Escape From Tarkov, Hunt: Showdown, Marauders, and more have been the main frontrunners in the genre. But it sounds like we're in for more extraction shooters. Hell, we got The Day Before recently, which became just another extraction shooter. 

I have not played many extraction shooters, but from the ones I did play, I felt they got a bit too repetitive after a bit. So what's to say these new extraction shooters will be able to hold people for long? 

Do you think we need a break from extraction shooters? Beautiful Light is an upcoming extraction shooter, and we still have the likes of Arc Raiders, Delta Force, a new Division game, and Once Human. Can you do with more? Or are you eventually going to tire out on the genre eventually? 

Bungie is one company that's very good at making extraction shooters games. From what I heard, they're bringing back IPs like Marathon into the mix in order to continue their expansion into the extraction shooter market. It can be tiring sometimes but one thing I know for sure is that I wouldn't be forced to buy or play any games I don't want to. So, they can expand how they like, it's not going to matter to me if I don't want to play it.