Register Now
Kennysplash

Can video games be educational?

Many believe that gaming is only for fun. The truth is it can be used for educational purposes. 
Gaming can be a great and fun way to learn new things. There are games that teach players about history, science, math, and even foreign languages. Some games also allow players to simulate real-world scenarios, like running a business or even flying a plane. 

I started playing Taxi driver many years ago before I knew what driving is all about. So it taught me all the basics of driving before I started to learn further. 

We need to start viewing gaming as not only a fun activity but as an educational tool as well. That way we will be more open to what we can learn. 

Yes of course, video games can be educational in so much ways. It depends on what you're playing that's going to determine what you're looking at learning from the game. I've heard someone said he got so much knowledge about guns because of so many shooting games he has played dealing with different kinds of guns. He can tell any gun in real life once he sees it because he's already very familiar with them in video games. 

On 2/1/2024 at 7:52 PM, Heatman said:

Yes of course, video games can be educational in so much ways. It depends on what you're playing that's going to determine what you're looking at learning from the game. I've heard someone said he got so much knowledge about guns because of so many shooting games he has played dealing with different kinds of guns. He can tell any gun in real life once he sees it because he's already very familiar with them in video games. 

My brother played Forza Horizon so much. It pumped up his knowledge of cars brands, models and manufacturers. If he starts automobile analysis you would be wowed. All from the video game.